Search Unity

Bug Entire the scene is white in color

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by tao_unity237, May 21, 2023.

1. tao_unity237

tao_unity237

I am a beginner. I recently started with unity HDRP. I don't understand why entire the scene is white in color and why there is written "Hardware not supported for Volumetric Materials" in the console when I open a new project. I use unity 2022.2.15f1, I use ubuntu and my graphic card is nvidia Quadro K4000.
    upload_2023-5-21_19-47-44.png

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Which graphics API do you use?
    Your GPU does not support DX12, so any effects needing that won't work.
    Make sure you update your drivers as well, and maybe try windows on a spare drive (if this fixes it make a bug report)?

In general, the GPU might be getting a bit old/slow

3. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

If this is a device limitation, you can try uncheck volumetric in (the current) HDRP quality settings to disable all volumetric effects.

Volumetric fog & clouds:

However, you may meet other issues because the GPU driver may not support other features as well.

DevDunk likes this.
  4. tao_unity237

tao_unity237

Now, I want to know why entire the scene is white.

5. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

Maybe the exposure (in "Sky and Fog Volume") is not working in the project. HDRP uses physical light units, so everything will become white if there's no proper exposure.

I suggest opening Frame Debugger (Window > Analysis > Frame Debugger) and check if there's an exposure event.

Frame Debugger example:

I'm not very familiar with HDRP. You may also try changing the sky type from physically-based to others (e.g., gradient) and see if anything changes.

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

I highly recommend to just use URP if your system does not support HDRP properly

wwWwwwW1 likes this.
  7. Clunk47X1

Clunk47X1

Check out exposure in hdrp project settings. I had mine on fixed and just changed it to auto, then back to fixed and adjusted, either way fixed the issue. Just not sure why it looked great before i closed it out, this happened when I opened my project the next day.