Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Entire scene is moving when moving the headset

Discussion in 'VR' started by ashishdevden, Dec 31, 2020.

1. ashishdevden

ashishdevden

Hello,
    I am new to VR development, and I am currently working with Oculus go.
    I deployed an example scene which comes along with the OculusUtilities.unitypackage into my oculus go,
    but when I move my head, it tends to move the entire scene along with it. basically, it feels like I camera is stuck to a fixed position and direction. I have also enabled virtual reality supported in the player settings and used OVRCameraRig.

2. twerres

twerres

In Project Settings check if XR Plugin-In Management is installed and then if in the Android Tab -> Plug in Providers -> "Oculus" is activated. Also check in the Player Settings if in the Build Settings under "Run Device" your device is selected.

ebaummusic likes this.
  3. twerres

twerres

Oh and check in the hierarchy if you put the LocalAvatar as a child into the TrackingSpace of the OVRPlayerController

4. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @ashishdevden, in case you didn't know, Oculus Go is no longer supported. You can read more about that here. We're definitely seeing a lot of momentum towards Oculus Quest development, so recommend looking into that. Cheers!

ebaummusic likes this.
  5. eliserabo

eliserabo

Hi, I have the same problem as this, only I am using the Oculus Quest with XR interaction Toolkit. Is there something I might have forgotten to do while setting up my VR headset? How can I solve this?

Thanks for any help

6. coryphella

coryphella

I'm having the exact same problem with the Quest now.

7. smileymcfrown

smileymcfrown

If you are still having this problem.. or if anyone else comes here looking for a solution, the problem for me was that Unity defaulted to the old input system (possibly because I chose to keep it when it asked if I wanted to delete the old input system and have only the new one), so make sure you have:

Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Active Input Handling = Input System Package (New)

ozan_emul likes this.
  8. TalaAlkhaldi

TalaAlkhaldi

I was already using the new input system with the issue still persisting. Is there another solution? Im also using the XR Interaction ToolKit (XR Origin)

9. Elecman

Elecman

Make sure to add a Tracked Pose Driver component to the camera.

alexfuentesraventos likes this.
  10. unity_FDr3xukunORs4A

unity_FDr3xukunORs4A

Hello, I believe I have the same issue I can't solve it. I’ve posted a Thread about it, with a video showing the issue.
    Find a summary here :

« To summarize, I am making a VR application where I am located on a height (here, on a construction machine).
    When I am on top of it, and I turn my head, the machine turns slightly in the opposite direction.

For example, when I turn my head to the right, the machine moves slightly to the left. When I turn my head upwards, the machine moves slightly downwards.

This creates a certain sense of unease once inside the helmet.

I took a video by activating the "Monoscopic" option of the OVRCameraRig prefab of the "Oculus Integration" asset, to better realize the problem. The end of the video is, in my opinion, the most explicit.

It gives a sensation of "walking on a rocking boat".
    I hope this is felt in video, especially at the end, because in the headset you really feel it.

It may be useful for you to know, that when I launch the game from Unity with the PLAY button, it is my PC that is in charge of the application, and the effect does NOT occur.

However, when I inject my application into the Oculus Quest 2 (which is standalone), the phenomenon occurs.
    I thought it was a GPU or CPU overload problem, but even with a blank project, just being up on the work machine creates this problem from the headset. »

11. FrancoRet

FrancoRet

Hi! It seems we're having the same problem here. In particular, we are able to reproduce it after putting the headset to sleep, and then rotate it, and wake it up, sometimes multiple times.

Were you able to find any solution for it?

12. ash_at_unity3d

ash_at_unity3d

Unity Technologies

For reference, where is the original thread?

13. blueeffect

blueeffect

I fix this problem in my case (oculus 2):
    upload_2022-11-27_3-57-22.png
    Changing to the old input system, restart the unity and after that backing to the new one.

This don't make any sense, but worked.

ozan_emul likes this.
  14. tezequel

tezequel

Hi, I had the exact same problem using XR Interaction Toolkit.

I solved it by removing (de-activating also works) the XR Device Simulator (provided by XR Interaction Toolkit) prefab from my scene before building the project. You can easily find out if you have one by typing XRDeviceSimlator in the hierarchy search bar.

bughunter8913, ozan_emul and Deshim like this.
  15. Deshim

Deshim

Just removing the XR Device Simulator, solved the issue.

bughunter8913 likes this.
  16. Sashell_

Sashell_

Hi I've got the exact same issue in Quest Pro & 3 with the latest SDK (v.59) and no XR Device Simulator

17. s123d

s123d

I have the same issue ith Quest 3 in Unity 2022.3.16f1 and the 2.5.2 Interaction Toolkit

18. Sashell_

Sashell_

Hi I have find where it came from. Whenever headset is unmounted, the system shuts down the screens and resets spatial understanding : the headset's coordinate system is moved.
    There are two solutions :
    - putting a tape on the inside sensor of the helmet to prevent it from shutting down on unmount
    - Use spatial anchors on a parent of your objects in the scene

MohamadElzein likes this.
  19. SoloSebo

SoloSebo

I ran into this issue as well.
    What i did to solve this is instead of dragging and dropping the XR rig origin prefab.
    I right clicked on hierarchy > XR >XR Origina (VR)
    upload_2024-3-24_14-6-9.png

Then I didn't have the nauseau inducing camera issue.