Search Unity

Bug Enter play mode settings (Experimental) not working

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Skjalg, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Skjalg

Skjalg

Hi

When using Enter play mode settings in Project Settings I get errors from the localization package.
    upload_2021-3-4_10-36-58.png

Code (CSharp):
    1. MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'OperationHandleDeferedRelease' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    2. Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    3. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator routine) (at <a1ac446df41c4a67becf2f8317dc1792>:0)
    4. UnityEngine.Localization.OperationHandleDeferedRelease.ReleaseNextFrame (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle handle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.localization@0.10.0-preview/Runtime/Utilities/OperationHandleDeferedRelease.cs:28)
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationBase`1+<>c__DisplayClass58_0[TObject].<add_CompletedTypeless>b__0 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] s) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.17.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/AsyncOperations/AsyncOperationBase.cs:322)
    6. DelegateList`1[T].Invoke (T res) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.17.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    7. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    8. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.17.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:73)
    9. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    10. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.17.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:26)

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Ah thanks ill look in to it.

3. Luxxuor

Luxxuor

I am pretty sure this is caused by this static in LocalizedDatabase not being reset properly when using the new Enter play mode setting:
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-26 um 14.21.13.png

Do you have any suggestion for a workaround except for disabling domain reload on enter playmode?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

I cant read that image, its a bit too small ;)

5. Luxxuor

Luxxuor

Whoops, sorry for that, updated it with the full version :)

karl_jones likes this.
  6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hmm not at the moment. I'm afraid that's unlikely to be the only problem. I took a quick look at the issue the other week and Addressables also does not support Enter Playmode either, there's a lot of little gremlins that popup one after the other. We have Editor support in the next release 0.11.0 which has some changes to better support entering and exiting play mode although it doesnt solve all the problems.

We have a bug for it https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...nd-using-enter-play-mode-options-experimental

7. Luxxuor

Luxxuor

Okay, I will disable the play mode option then until you slay those gremlins. :)

karl_jones likes this.
  8. VoxelBoy

VoxelBoy

Addressables does support Enter Playmode options, it would be great if this got fixed for localization 1.0.0-pre @karl_jones.

karl_jones likes this.