Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Enter play-mode full-screen mode

Discussion in 'Graphics Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A' started by Lars-Steenhoff, May 24, 2023.

1. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

When do you plan to bring back the
    Enter play-mode full-screen mode ?
    it was added and then removed again in the recent versions

Unifikation likes this.
  2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Hope it's clear what I mean

3. I assume you mean full screen and not the maximized on play function. If that is the case I totally missed any sign of that being a feature. Are you sure it was Unity's feature and not some asset's functionality (like this one or a free script like this one)?
    I also haven't found anything in changelogs. Do you have any pointers where can I read up on anything like this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2023
  4. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Yes it was a feature introduced in 2022 and removed again in 2022, it was really nice to be able to press play and get the fullscreen without any unity editor toolbars. I need to look into what version it was specifically but it was definitely there and was not the maximise play option.

5. jjejj87

jjejj87

I strongly agree with Lars. I don't understand why it came super late, then removed (why?) and they spent the time on making the 2023 UI changes with that ugly bar. This was the one thing that I really liked and made me smile...but now it is gone...

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  6. Ah, explanation here.