Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Enter play-mode full-screen mode

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by Nexer8, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Nexer8

Nexer8

With Unity 2022, we got the ability to enter play-mode in a full-screen window. This is a really useful feature, but there are some minor annoyances:

#1:
    upload_2022-4-9_20-5-26.png
    Even when "Warn if No Cameras Rendering" is turned off, the warning is shown. UI-only-applications don't need cameras, but now, you have to add one just to remove this warning.
    upload_2022-4-9_20-5-48.png

The default key bind for exiting full-screen mode is too complex. With my laptop keyboard, I have to press the "Fn" key to use F1-12. To exit full-screen, I have to hold down CTRL + SHIFT + FN + F7. This is too much. It is also a very random key bind, that is easy to forget.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded it to the team.

You can rebind the shortcut via the Shortcuts Manager.

Nexer8 likes this.
  3. norlesh

norlesh

Just spent 20 minutes searching the internet only to find the answer on this page after having forget the magic sequence/pin code/key binding and having no way to exit back to the editor (luckily I had the second screen to do the search otherwise it would have required nuking from the task manager).