Search Unity

Enlighten shadows broken on Unity 5.6.x

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by jvil, Oct 30, 2017.

1. jvil

jvil

Hello!

I just upgraded my project from Unity 5.5.5f1 to 5.6.4f1, re-baked Enlighten lightmapping with exactly the same parameters of previous Unity version (not using the new Progressive Preview) and I found there is not working anymore the dynamic shadows that worked perfectly fine on Unity 5.5.x.

It was a total disaster.

Why dynamic shadows are broken with legacy Enlighten support of Unity 5.6.x?
    How can I get back dynamic shadows that worked perfectly on Unity 5.5.x without rollback to that version?

Thanks!

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

What settings did you use? Play around with the mixed mode settings.

3. jvil

jvil

I'm just using Substracted mode, which is the default Mixed Mode setting after converting my project from Unity 5.5.5f1 to Unity 5.6.4f1.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

That may not be what you want though. As I said, play around with the mixed mode settings. Also read the manual.

5. jvil

jvil

I have read the manual before posting here, but if posting a RTFM is the standard solution of this forum then all bets are off.

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

7. jvil

jvil

Good. Anyone reasonable have any idea on how to solve this problem? Or it's just another thing that Unreal Engine does by default and Unity cannot do?