Search Unity

Enlighten: Emissive materials don't update in real time when emissive parameters are changed.

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by cubrman, Apr 6, 2019.

1. cubrman

cubrman

U 2018.3.

1. I have a scene with a static plane and a dynamic cube and a grid of lightprobes.
    2. I bake GI with enlighten.
    3. I set the cube's material to have an emissive parameter and make sure it's realtime in the drop-down box.
    4. The cube WILL NOT cast emissive light onto a static plane, nor would it light dynamic objects.
    5. If I set the cube to static and rebake, the cube will start casting emissive light onto objects around it AND it will react to me changing emissive parameters while the game is NOT running, but if I start the game and change emissive parameters while the game is running - NOTHING updates but the color of the cube itself.

The static (at least) cube MUST light the stuff around it AND react to changes to emissive parameters at real time. Was it removed from Unity? I hope not, I hope this is just me making a silly mistake somewhere.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

3. cubrman

cubrman

Well that works, thanks, I am still wondering why on Earth does it not just do this automatically when I change the color of the emmision in the object's material. I am 100% certain it worked this way before.