Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Enlighten 3 in yet?

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by CastleIsGreat, Dec 28, 2015.

1. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

Are the Enlighten 3 additions in yet? Such as real-time transparency and improved cubemaps?

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

No, not yet.

(at least going by the release notes and a few tests I did. I could be wrong)

3. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

Yeah, I looked around but wasnt sure I just didn't know how to do it. SOON I HOPE! Til then I'm enjoying playing around with Networking.

4. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

The release notes state at least that 3.0.3 is in. Haven't noticed any changes though so far.

"GI: Upgraded to Enlighten 3.03"

5. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

Yes, I see that now, as far as changes so far I agree. I will have to compare versions to realize what has been changed in the standard shader though.

6. landon912

landon912

I've read somewhere that this upgrade will have the new features disabled until it is stabilized. What I got from it was that the new Enlighten features are planned for 5.5.

7. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

That kinda stinks, it was initially planned for 5.3... Oh well I guess we will see...

8. landon912

landon912

I think it is in 5.3(or will be in later betas), but I don't think the new features will be exposed until later on after Unity is sure that it's all stable.

Edit: I might be confusing this with news about the physics engine...

9. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

So, to clarify. The answer to "Enlighten 3 in yet?" is yes and the answer to "Are the Enlighten 3 additions in yet?" is no.

CastleIsGreat likes this.
  10. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

Thanks arrow that clarifys it a bit I guess, its running the new version, but the newer features aren't in.