Search Unity

Engine Suggestion

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by anasishere, Mar 19, 2019.

1. anasishere

anasishere

Hey folks,
    I want to develop a game for all platforms like android,ios and windows and i'm a newbie. I did research online about what engine should i get into and what stuff should i learn but i also need your suggestions too. So, kindly help me out
    P.S: I've good programming knowlege in c++ but i want to jump into another language any suggestion?
    Thanks

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Personally I would recommend the Unity game engine, and learn C#.

Antypodish likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

On the Unity forums you're likely to get a biased answer. Unity does check all the boxes you are looking for though. IOS builds do require a Mac to generate the final build, due to using XCode which Apple does not make available for Windows (can probably use a MacOS VM for this, but I haven't tried it).

If you are familiar with C++ then C# is fairly easy to pick up, as the syntax borrows heavily from C++ and Java (and Java borrowed heavily from C++ anyways).

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

One important thing to keep in mind with research and suggestions is that they won't tell you whether you'll enjoy working with a game engine. My recommendation is to just try every game engine until you come across one that feels right to you and use that. Every modern game engine will support the platforms you listed.

C# is a solid choice as there are at least four modern game engines that use it. CryEngine, Godot, Unity, and Xenko.

Joe-Censored and JoeStrout like this.