Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Energy Engine. Our new project is ready! [PC STEAM] [FREE KEYS]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by AmberSin, May 11, 2019.

1. AmberSin

AmberSin

Hello Unity3D fans,

Our new design made in this great engine has just been published. This is not a typical game but a program / engine that works as a Windows 10 wallpaper.

Energy Engine contains many options thanks to which you can adjust the wallpaper to your taste or PC set.

All information is available in the Steam store. The project is paid (very cheap) but we have some free keys for you.

Please only write down the keys used so that others do not waste time.

Do you need more codes? let me know.

Link to the project:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1055010/Energy_Engine_PC_Live_Wallpaper/

Free keys:
    5ZG7A-G6XEX-WLXL2
    CYW06-DR2H2-5ZJL6
    N7EAI-RXFCH-2E8NV
    Z0TLK-I890G-A85WR
    M49MN-3LMH7-W7T96
    5CLX3-D6VKP-KRCNB
    PEDVH-V4VIP-3APB6
    YW72C-B8EGD-Q2KWG

An additional good news is that after a few projects we start a completely new series of interactive wallpapers. Of course it will be something amazing ;d

Have fun!

3DM

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg

Mauri and k1lly0u-chaos like this.
  2. khos

khos

Looks fantastic, I wonder how you got this to be a wallpapar?

3. AmberSin

AmberSin

Thank you. We had to modify existing assets to make it work. There is no ready solution :( also we had to solve a problem with a game pause when someone would like to play normal games where he needs 100% power. Many problems, many compromises and smart efficient code ;)

The biggest problem was with the mouse input that was controlled by Unity, not Windows. When you set 30fps limit then mouse also had 30fps. When you play a normal game you couldn't keep the mouse straight. After many combinations and special tricks, we solve it.

Thank you for your question. If there is more please let me know ;D

3DM

4. khos

khos

Questions:
    How does this affect performance, e.g. when playing other games?
    Will this drain laptop batteries?
    Can the similar ones be made for android? :)

5. AmberSin

AmberSin

Hi, Sorry for the delay. I had left my PC for a moment ;)

A lot depends on the project. Always choosing the subject I have in mind the performance. We have a lot of ideas but most of them are out because of the performance.

Yes, there is a little impact on CPU/GPU but we did a lot to optimize the code. Most of our projects include graphics setting like in normal games. Also, our projects work on the lowest cpu frequency.

It means that it can show 20%, but it is on the lowest clocks, so this result should be divided. Depending on the CPU, real consumption is up to 5%.

For those who want to play normal games having our project on the wallpaper, wi did Game Mode button that freeze our project giving users 100% power for the time they need. Then in the background is a little menu with a button to get back live wallpaper on the screen ;)

Thank you KHOS for that interesting questions. If something I can answer for more :D

Cheers,
    3DM