Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Energy Bar Toolkit - 2D and 3D Progress Bars

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by genail, Mar 30, 2013.

1. genail

genail

That's correct!

2. Oshigawa

Oshigawa

Still making garbage like there's no tomorrow :D i'll check out if renderers other than repeated bar are making overhead.

atomicjoe likes this.
  3. genail

genail

Posting an update:

There are more incompatibilities than I first expected :/ Currently, I'm trying to bring fonts subsystem to work. It's not a must-have, but I can't remove it either.

I will keep you posted!
    - Piotr

julianr and Oshigawa like this.
  4. Oshigawa

Oshigawa

Seems complicated, bummer. Sad to bug you about that, but 8 megs of trash per minute is a lot, i can't imagine how it is if someone has more then 10 units in the renderer...

5. genail

genail

Which renderer are you using? I will try to work around it somehow.

Oshigawa likes this.
  6. Oshigawa

Oshigawa

Repeated Renderer UGUI.

7. genail

genail

Thanks!

Oshigawa likes this.
  8. Oshigawa

Oshigawa

No problem.

9. genail

genail

Hey @Oshigawa ,
    How did you measure GC allocation? Did you run the scene directly in the editor or did you connect the profiler to the build app?

I tried both, and while I'm seeing GC allocations in the editor, there are none after doing the build. The reason is that the editor is doing some additional stuff that I don't have control over it.

Please let me know how it is in your case. If you're still seeing any allocations, is there a chance that you could send me a demo scene?

All the best,
    Piotr

Oshigawa likes this.
  10. Oshigawa

Oshigawa

In the editor, i'll try testing in the build and let you know.

genail likes this.
  11. Oshigawa

Oshigawa

Hi Piotr,

there's no allocations in the build. Sorry for the harassment, i should have checked it before, i wasn't profiling my builds until now. Something new learned, eh.

atomicjoe likes this.
  12. genail

genail

No worries. I'm glad it works!
    Sorry for not noticing that earlier. Not working with Unity daily has its consequences -_-

Cheers!
    Piotr

13. XCO

XCO

Hello I got an error can you please help me understand what to do ?

UNITY 201.4 LTS

Assets/Energy Bar Toolkit/Scripts/uGUI/EnergyBarSpawnerUGUI.cs(84,33): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `networkGroup', expecting `.

14. Lork

Lork

After upgrading to Unity 2020.1.0f1 I'm getting the following exception whenever an energybar is active:

Code (CSharp):
    1. MissingComponentException: There is no 'CanvasRenderer' attached to the "generated_bar" game object, but a script is trying to access it.
    2. You probably need to add a CanvasRenderer to the game object "generated_bar". Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it.
    3. UnityEngine.UI.GraphicRaycaster.Raycast (UnityEngine.Canvas canvas, UnityEngine.Camera eventCamera, UnityEngine.Vector2 pointerPosition, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] foundGraphics, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] results) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/GraphicRaycaster.cs:321)
    4. UnityEngine.UI.GraphicRaycaster.Raycast (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] resultAppendList) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/GraphicRaycaster.cs:225)
    5. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.RaycastAll (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] raycastResults) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:255)
    6. UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerInputModule.GetMousePointerEventData (System.Int32 id) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/InputModules/PointerInputModule.cs:277)
    7. UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent (System.Int32 id) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/InputModules/StandaloneInputModule.cs:541)
    8. UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent () (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/InputModules/StandaloneInputModule.cs:527)
    9. UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.Process () (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/InputModules/StandaloneInputModule.cs:282)
    10. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update () (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:376)
    Is this version of Unity not supported?

15. Lork

Lork

I managed to fix the issue by adding a CanvasRenderer component to the generated bars in EnergyBarUGUIBase's CreateChild function.

therewillbebrad and ExtReMe1983 like this.
  16. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Can confirm this is what worked for me in 2020.1

Code (CSharp):
    1. Here is the updated function CreateChild:
    3. protected T CreateChild<T>(string childName, Transform parent) where T : Component {
    4.         var child = CreateChild<T>(parent, "generated_" + childName);
    6.         if (!child.gameObject.GetComponent<CanvasRenderer>())
    7.             child.gameObject.AddComponent<CanvasRenderer>();
    9.         createdChildren.Add(child.gameObject);
    10.         SetAsLastGenerated(child.transform);
    11.         ApplyDebugMode(child.gameObject, debugMode);
    12.         return child;
    13.     }
    That's the code snippet from snair in the reviews. Manually adding a canvasrenderer will also work.

17. TillmaniaLtd

TillmaniaLtd

Hey,

Having compile issues after upgrading to Unity 2019.4:

/Classes/Native/Mad2D.cpp:35233:15: No matching function for call to 'Object_op_Implicit_m8B2A44B4B1406ED346D1AE6D962294FD58D0D534'

1. Candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'GUITexture_t1679093D89FD7E758DB296145046F8BB10DB7E51 *' to 'Object_tAE11E5E46CD5C37C9F3E8950C00CD8B45666A2D0 *' for 1st argument

unityunity