Search Unity

EndlessRunnerSampleGame & Addressable

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by aurelien-morel-ubiant, Dec 21, 2018.

1. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Hello,
    does anyone here succeed by using Addressable system even with the EndlessRunnerSample project given by Unity ? Cause the project is in 0.2 instead of 0.5.3.
    I tried to upgrade it to 0.5.3 and it worked pretty well but atfer this (I didn't try before). I switch to remove logic and try to put the asset on my own remote server and it didn't work as my own project.

So my main question is : Does anyone already succed by making Addressable system works with a remote configuration or no ? Cause I lost a really huge amount of time on this and I think it's maybe for nothing...

I will paste in the answer what happens with my "True" project cause endlessRunner was just to test if it succeeds with this unity sample project or no and the answer is NO.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  2. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Loading from remote works for us for osx, windows and webgl expect that the Content Update Workflow does not work at all and all light maps in addressable scenes are missing.

Also virtual and packed mode do not work in the editor for us.

Ensure that CORS is enabled on the server and that the folder is indexable. I am not sure if the latter is required but it helps to verify the location by hand.

Also chrome chrashes since 2018.3.0f2.

Have not tried the example project but our own project.

3. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

On my amazon server I have this :
    upload_2018-12-21_16-20-3.png
    (default configuration)

So I think it's ok for the CORS part.
    For the indexable part I think it's ok too, I'm just uploading file by drag&drop them in the Amazon S3 part.
    We can download the bundle if I get the link and give it to another dev in the team directly in their browser so I think it's ok for unity by accesing it directly through Addressable asset system. (maybe I'm wrong?)

But when I'm in Editor and I try to reach the RemoteLoadPath it failed.

Here's what happens when I try to get my simple image directly though my project :

Code (CSharp):
    1. Initializing caching system.
    2. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelayedActionManager:LateUpdate()
    4. Exception encounterd in operation UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.RawDataProvider+InternalOp`1[System.Object], result='', status='None', valid=True, location=LocalCatalogHash44ce7179df95bd849863f632ea8c58e1..
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelayedActionManager:LateUpdate()
    7. Exception: Invalid path in RawDataProvider: 'C:/Users/Aurélien/AppData/LocalLow/Ubiant/Ubiant Designer/com.unity.addressables/catalog_2018.12.21.15.30.28.hash'.
    8. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelayedActionManager:LateUpdate()
    11. iasyncTexture : Progress : 0 // Status : None //  IsDone : False // Valid : True// Exception :
    13. iasyncTexture : Progress : 1 // Status : Failed //  IsDone : False // Valid : True// Exception :
    ==> Infinite loop cause IsDone is never true here during my yield to wait each IsDone state..

4. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

And here is what I can see in Addressables profiler :
    Frame 1 :
    upload_2018-12-21_16-54-51.png

Frame 3 :
    upload_2018-12-21_16-55-19.png

Frame 5 :
    upload_2018-12-21_16-55-46.png

In my Addressable Asset window, I picked my Remote-IoT group as a default one.
    Here is it's configuration :

upload_2018-12-21_17-1-6.png

and here are my AddressableAssetSettings :

upload_2018-12-21_17-2-10.png

And I noticed each time that I rebuild something the profile to edit switch back to default which is quite annoying..

I use Unity for a while now but it's the first time, that I'm so lost in an official package... I don't understand if all the calls are made on server, or local or a mix. And most of all I don't understand AT ALL why it didn't work...

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  5. mocerezo

mocerezo

I have the same issue. I can´t find anything wrong on my side.

6. unity_bill

unity_bill

Where did you download the endless runner sample from? It was set up by a different team. We'll be working with them to update the demo, but I want to make sure we fix wherever it is you found it.

Thanks

7. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

I pick it from the asset store if I have a good memory.
    My issue was based on a distant server like (AWS) I think it's the reason why I have this trouble and I didn't implement a custom hosting service.

But this, it's a real problem (according to me) :
    And I noticed each time that I rebuild something the profile to edit switch back to default which is quite annoying..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019