Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Endless Compiler Error

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Superbat775, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Superbat775

Superbat775

So when I load any project since I downloaded the new update for the UnityHub, no matter the engine version, i get an endless error in the project that reads:

[Collab] Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM

I don't know how much it affects the actual game building, but within minutes I have over 800 of these errors, which are constantly popping up every second. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Even as Im writing this I went from 17 errors to over 100 of the same repeating message, lol.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

This has nothing to do with 2D.

I’ll move your thread for you.