Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

EncodeToPNG (Imageconversion.cs) [SOLVED] Beta 11

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by real2u, Nov 29, 2018.

1. real2u

real2u

Hi there,

I'm updating my app to 2018.3 and noticed that Imageconversion.cs no longer works, which means I can't turn my Texture2D into beautiful PNG´s, JPG´s, etc... anymore.

https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.3/Documentation/ScriptReference/ImageConversion.EncodeToPNG.html
    (The script above won't work either)

I theory the code is the same as 2018.2, but it a Texture2D no longer has a definition for EncodeToPNG

Hope it helps and looking forward for the fix.

Best regards,

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Could you please submit a bug-report, as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/guide-to-beta-testing#tab-3

After you submitted the report, you receive a confirmation email with a Case number. Please post this bug-report Case number here (in this thread) for Unity staff to pick up.

real2u likes this.
  3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project? I checked the script and it works fine.

real2u likes this.
  4. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

@real2u are you sure ? we use a lot of EncodeToPNG in our project and it works fine even in 2018.3bX (whatever the version)
    Maybe I didn't try b11 **thinking** but in b12 I can confirm it works

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    real2u likes this.
  5. real2u

real2u

Fixed! This is what I did, I disabled Image Conversion at package manager, restarted the computer, opened Unity again, enabled it again and worked.

Running Unity 2018.3.0b11 for MacOS

Thanks guys

unityunity