Search Unity

Enabling Vuforia makes Unity crashes on play (MacOS Mojave)

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Seb_0, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Seb_0

Seb_0

Hello everyone,

I am having a major issue with Unity and Vuforia on my mac.

I explain the context of it : I have already worked with vuforia and unity on multiple projects, working and published them on android and apple store. All fine.

Two days ago I wanted to do some new tests, but as soon as I pressed the Play button, Unity crashed without having any errors in the console.
    I was running a 2018 Unity version, so first thing was to do a clean deletion of my version (checked on the forum how to completely remove it) and installing the unity hub with the latest unity version.

But the problem remains. I can create a project, do some 3D animation, it works well. But as soon as I enable Vuforia in the player settings, I cannot run the project anymore (Even if I don't use an ARCamera in my project).

I do have the "No webcam profile has been found.." in the Vuforia configuration, but if I remember well I also had it in my previous working project without problem. Still I tried to fix it by changing the webcamprofiles.xml but the file is always rewritten when I open Unity, and when I manage to change it, it crashes anyway when I press play.

Side test, I tried a project to display my webcam view and name and it works fine. The webcam is the default one on macbook pro (FaceTime HD Camera). The camera is also allowed for unity in my mac privacy settings.

No error/warning in the console. I filled a bug report ( Case 1198024 ).

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated !

Seb

2. Seb_0

Seb_0

After a few tries, I uninstalled Unity once more and reinstalled. It finally worked.

At the end I am on MacOS Catalina, I switched the OS language to english, no idea what did the trick

3. Budnick3000

Budnick3000

Did you figure this out? Having same trouble now...

4. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

5. chaoli531

chaoli531

Sika_MC likes this.