Search Unity

Enabling Performance Reporting causing build failure due to server TLS certificate

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by lourd, Nov 14, 2017.

1. lourd

lourd

Hey y'all,

This is a continuation of this forum post over in Analytics, cause I couldn't find this category

I recently signed up for Unity Plus and am trying to add analytics and crash reporting to my mobile game. After enabling the Performance Reporting service in Services in my editor, I'm no longer able to build to Xcode. The build fails with a vague error. The beginning and end of the stack trace looks like:

Code (CSharp):
    1. DllNotFoundException: Security
    2. Mono.AppleTls.AppleTlsContext.InitializeConnection
    3. ...
    4. Rethrow as WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (Security)
    5. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse
    6. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse
    7. UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.GetUsymUploadAuthToken (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+BuildSettings bs)
    8. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun
    So I assumed it has something to do with uploading the symbol files for my project to the performance reporting service. I retried to build a couple dozen times over the past couple days and the problem didn't resolve itself.

Today I tried on 2017.3.0b3, instead of 2017.2, I get a slightly more descriptive error. This is all on OS X Sierra, 10.12.6

Code (CSharp):
    1. TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0x3
    2. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) (a
    3. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty)
    4. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result)
    5. Rethrow as IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    6. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result)
    7. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    8. Rethrow as IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    9. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.EndRead (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    10. Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    11. Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.AuthenticateAsClient (System.String targetHost, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, System.Security.Authentication.SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, System.Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
    12. Mono.Net.Security.MonoTlsStream.CreateStream (System.Byte[] buffer)
    13. System.Net.WebConnection.CreateStream (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request)
    14. Rethrow as WebException: Error: TrustFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)
    15. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    16. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse ()
    17. UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.GetUsymUploadAuthToken (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+BuildSettings bs)
    18. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
    So it's a server certificate thing? I can't be the only one experiencing this if it's a server certificate thing. What am I missing?

On a related note, is there a status site for reporting the uptime of all of the Unity services somewhere?

Thanks for your help

2. lourd

lourd

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

I have this issue also that prevents me from using .NET 4.6, however I really want to use asynchronous functionalities. I was using Unity 2017.1.2p2 and whenever I build I would end up with the stack trace with the TlsException.

I want to try 2017.2.0p2 to see if it solves any problem.

4. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

I tried it and it was not fixed. Fortunately it was consistent even with an empty new project.
    Bug report 973455 submitted.

5. Neonlyte

Neonlyte