Search Unity

Enabling Performance Reporting causing build failure due to server TLS certificate

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by lourd, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lourd

lourd

Hey y'all,

I apologize if this isn't the right forum category for this, but there is no category for the Performance Reporting service, and I figured Analytics was a close second.

I recently signed up for Unity Plus and am trying to add analytics and crash reporting to my mobile game. After enabling the Performance Reporting service in Services in my editor, I'm no longer able to build to Xcode. The build fails with a vague error. The beginning and end of the stack trace looks like:

Code (CSharp):
    1. DllNotFoundException: Security
    2. Mono.AppleTls.AppleTlsContext.InitializeConnection
    3. ...
    4. Rethrow as WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (Security)
    5. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse
    6. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse
    7. UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.GetUsymUploadAuthToken (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+BuildSettings bs)
    8. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun
    So I'm assuming this has something to do with uploading the symbol files for my project to the performance reporting service. I've retried to build a couple dozen times over the past couple days and the problem hasn't resolved itself. Is something down? Is there something else I'm missing?

Thank you for your help

2. lourd

lourd

3. lourd

lourd

Trying on 2017.3.0b3, instead of 2017.2, I get a slightly more descriptive error. This is all on OS X Sierra, 10.12.6.

Code (CSharp):
    1. TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0x3
    2. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) (a
    3. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty)
    4. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result)
    5. Rethrow as IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    6. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result)
    7. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    8. Rethrow as IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    9. Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.EndRead (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    10. Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    11. Mono.Net.Security.Private.LegacySslStream.AuthenticateAsClient (System.String targetHost, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, System.Security.Authentication.SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, System.Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
    12. Mono.Net.Security.MonoTlsStream.CreateStream (System.Byte[] buffer)
    13. System.Net.WebConnection.CreateStream (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request)
    14. Rethrow as WebException: Error: TrustFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)
    15. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    16. System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse ()
    17. UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.GetUsymUploadAuthToken (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+BuildSettings bs)
    18. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
    I can't be the only one experiencing this if it's a server certificate thing. Do folks not use Unity's Performance Reporting or something?

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

5. lourd

lourd

6. lourd

lourd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.