Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Enabling full stack trace in the logging settings gets reset when I enter play mode

Discussion in 'Burst' started by sordidlist, Mar 30, 2021.

1. sordidlist

sordidlist

Hello,

I'm getting this error:
    A Native Collection has not been disposed, resulting in a memory leak. Enable Full StackTraces to get more details.

So, I go into Project Settings -> Player -> Stack Trace -> Set everything to Full

This is the best direction I was able to find through Google. However when I enter play mode, these settings get set back to ScriptOnly automatically. If I try to set them again by hand while in play mode, they get set back again.

The Jobs menu at the top of the screen only has Burst -> Safety Checks, Enable Compilation (checked), Synchronous compilation, Native Debug Mode Compilation, Show Timings, and Open Inspector.

Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction, thanks!

2. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

I don't think this is a Burst issue for what its worth - the stack trace stuff is independent of us.

Note that since Burst heavily optimizes your code, to get a good stack trace out of Burst you'd either need to set Native Debug Mode Compilaton on from the menu, or use [BurstCompile(Debug = true)] on the job that fails (if the stack trace you are having is from a Burst job of course!)

3. gwelkind

gwelkind

fwiw, this is happening to me to, did you get this figured out @sordidlist ?

4. fashrista

fashrista

@sordidlist: Same issue here every time the game is stopped in editor. Started to apear right after migrating project to latest LTS 2021.3.14.1f unity version. Would be nice to have a solution here.

5. cacolukia

cacolukia

Anyone got it resolved?