Search Unity

Enabled Lightweight Render Pipeline, now everything is either pink or grey

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by BrokawBound, Oct 1, 2019.

1. BrokawBound

BrokawBound

I enabled the LWRP so that I could use a blur UI shader, works great except it broke everything else.

The way the guide explained enabling it was to go to Project Settings > Graphics and change Scritable Render Pipeline from None to LWRP. This does the trick and I can use it but everything turns pink.

If I switch it back to none, I can't use the blur UI shader.

If I go to my pink objects and change the from standard to LWRP, Lit then it just turns grey and loses all it's original colors.

How can I use the LWRP without breaking every single asset? I feel like I am just not understanding something simple about this project setting, I thought I was creating something new, not changing the way my entire project works.

Here was the guide I followed on using LWRP, it was the only one I could find to enable the UI element I wanted.

2. customphase

customphase

BrokawBound likes this.
  3. BrokawBound

BrokawBound

You are the best! Worked perfectly. I am wondering if some materials will not be supported in the future, but at least I have a working solution and I can backup and test before importing new mats. It seemed crazy that just because I added one UI effect the rest of my materials were wasted.