Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Enable Mixed Reality Remoting

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by paulmorganrenaultf1, May 9, 2018.

1. paulmorganrenaultf1

paulmorganrenaultf1

Hi

I heard that it is possible in 2018.2.0 to create an app that will complete the rendering on a PC and stream the data to the HoloLens. I have seen that there is an option "Enable Mixed Reality Remoting" on the Build Settings screen for the Universal Windows Platform but I have not been able to find any information on how I supply the IP address of my HoloLens to the app so that it can stream to the Holographic Remoting Player. When I build and run the app I get "Can not create Holographic Space because no connection to remote device", which makes sense because I haven't specified the remote device. How would I do this?

Does anyone have any information on how this works? I am running 2018.2.0b3 using Universal Windows Platform with the .NET scripting backend.

On a separate, but related issue, I have found that when I click Window->AR->Holographic Emulation, I get the error "Couldn't call method Init because the class HolographicEmulationWindow or method couldn't be found" in the status bar at the bottom of the main Unity window.

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

After you Enable Mixed Realty Remoting you need to create a script that will use HolographicRemoting API's to connect to the HoloLens via the IP address.

Example being:
    HolographicRemoting.Connect("IP");

You can enable video and audio as well as adjust the bit rate for the transfer of data.

In order for this to work on the HoloLens you need to download and install the HoloLens Remoting Player.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/holographic-remoting-player

3. De-Panther

De-Panther

It has bugs in 2018.2b3, and I don't know about 2018.2b2.
    But 2018.2b1 worked for me.
    I needed to added InternetClient and InternetClientServer(didn't check without InternetClient) to the Capabilities.
    And I run it from VS with Release x64 on Local Machine.

It show some errors of spatial mapping on start(although I set XRSettings.enabled = false on Awake of the app)
    But then it work fine.
    If you use clicker, the clicker might not work, but gestures worked fine, and you can also control the app from the computer...

4. De-Panther

De-Panther

5. paulmorganrenaultf1

paulmorganrenaultf1

I have tried to run this on a test machine and I keep getting this error message output:
    "Cannot connect because the PerceptionRemotingPlugin.dll is not loaded"
    I am trying to run this on a machine that does not have Unity installed.

De-Panther likes this.
  6. Mgravitus

Mgravitus

7. paulmorganrenaultf1

paulmorganrenaultf1

I have tried again with 2018.2.0b7 and I am still getting this error.

For more information, this time I have tested: .NET and IL2CPP backends.
    In each case I create an app package in Visual Studio and deploy the app package on a test machine.

When I run the apps I get the error as above.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    De-Panther likes this.