Search Unity

Question Enable Livestreaming in Oculus Quest App

Discussion in 'VR' started by Necro_JIL, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Necro_JIL

Necro_JIL

Hi,
    I'm trying to livestream my VR App to facebook via the Oculus Quest's buildin streaming feature. However, when I open the Oculus menu inside my app the live streaming button is greyed out and hovering over it, it says "the developer has disabled live streaming for this app".

As far as I know I have never disabled that and I cannot seem to find where I can enable it again. Does anybody know where that setting is or how I can enable streaming for my game again?

The game is a development version (not published in the Oculus store) and I already enabled Focus awareness, so I can see the pop-up menu in my game. Facebook-Streaming still does not work however, although I can capture video and also stream to a PC/mobile app.

Thank you for any suggestions!
    Unity Version 2020.1
    Oculus XR Plugin version 1.4.3

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey there! Head here for a helpful article on how to do so!

3. chilton

chilton

Settings for that does not help. You can't access the settings, because the error comes up before that. the Share button is grayed out.

Is there something special I have to do, to enable streaming from my app? Does it need to be released in the app store?

-Chilton

4. atulyextel26

atulyextel26

Hey, @Necro_JIL and @chilton I hope this will help you.
    - The Facebook live stream option is greyed out for you coz you have installed the Facebook live stream option is disabled.
    - To enable the Facebook live stream option in ur quest app first you need to upload the app on the Oculus store and install the app from the store.
    - For testing purposes you don't have to wait for the app to be approved what you can do is just upload the app to a beta test channel and add ur email as a test user and then you can install the app in the quest and now you can use the Facebook live stream option.

For ref see this https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/ps-sharing/
    read the Testing Livestreaming part

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021