Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Enable Frame Debugger shortcut?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by iamarugin, Nov 15, 2021.

1. iamarugin

iamarugin

Please add this feature. Sometimes you need to Debug frame when left mouse button is pressed and mouse is in the camera view.

2. iamarugin

iamarugin

Also search field in the FB would be very helpfull.

3. Elvar_Orn

Elvar_Orn

Unity Technologies

Heyhey!
    Sorry for the late response. I just got notified about this post :)

You'll be glad to hear that you'll be able to have both of those features in 2022.2. We've been working on various improvements for the Frame Debugger, which has taken a while to implement & land, that should be available in that version.

4. iamarugin

iamarugin

Thank you!

5. NRF

NRF

How about it, is there already a shortcut now? :)

6. Elvar_Orn

Elvar_Orn

Unity Technologies

Heyhey!
    It's been difficult to work on the Frame Debugger recently due to other priorities.
    But! I just submitted a PR (Currently in queue to land) with those features to 2023.1.
    I will make the backport to 2022.2 this week.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    spider853 likes this.
  7. iamarugin

iamarugin

This is great, thank you!

8. spider853

spider853

Sad we don't have the shortcut or API in the 2021 LTS, need that on mouse click
    Thanks for the update anyway

9. Tudamun

Tudamun

Code (CSharp):
    2. private void Update()
    3. {
    4.             if( Input.GetKeyDown( KeyCode.F10 ) )
    5.             {
    6.                 System.Reflection.Assembly assembly = typeof( UnityEditor.EditorWindow ).Assembly;
    7.                 Type type = assembly.GetType( "UnityEditor.FrameDebuggerWindow" );
    8.                 var window = EditorWindow.GetWindow( type );
    9.                 window.Show();
    11.                 var frameDebuggerWindow = Convert.ChangeType( window, type );
    12.                 type.GetMethod( "ClickEnableFrameDebugger", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.NonPublic | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Instance | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Public ).Invoke(frameDebuggerWindow, null);
    13.             }
    14. }
    I've made my own shortcut that opens the FrameDebugger window and starts it through reflection.
    This is using Unity 2020.3.

Incase it helps.