Search Unity

Emulator Support

Discussion in 'Android' started by murali.vvn, Sep 30, 2010.

1. murali.vvn

murali.vvn

I generated .apk file using Unity-Android . I am trying to install it in android emulator form commad prompt using command

$adb install fileName.apk

its starting installing but not completing. Can we install in emulator or we should deploy it in mobile only ?

2. Gl0r

Gl0r

Hi. I just disconnected device and apk installed in emulator when I press "Build and run" in Unity. The configuration program from from SDK was started btw. And virtual device was created and active. Emulator works sloooow :)

3. minevr

minevr

Can't run,I seting Player device to "emulator","and click build &run"

No Android devices found.....

4. murali.vvn

murali.vvn

"Hi. I just disconnected device and apk installed in emulator when I press "Build and run" in Unity. The configuration program from from SDK was started btw. And virtual device was created and active. Emulator works sloooow "

Did you changed any settings? Please let me know what changes you did. I am getting error "No Android device found". I just want to install it in emulator.

5. Gl0r

Gl0r

Ive started Android SDK manager. Did a virtual device like 480x320, android 2.1 API level 7 and press "Start"
    ADV started(have to wait while it loads like on original phone :) ). So I see window with android OS like on my phone. Then I changed setting of player for - "Experimental* Emulator (blah-blah)" and "Build-Run" Project builded and tried to run on emulator - picture is crap :)

Good luck.

6. minevr

minevr

No,Can't run..

No Android devices found..

ps:Mac system

7. VICTOM

VICTOM

I created a very simple scene with just a skybox and camera to test the Android build.
    I also get the "No Android devices found" and Unity refuses to create the .apk

My Environment...
    Lenovo T410 ThinkPad (PC)
    Intel Core i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
    1.17 GHz, 1.92 GB of RAM
    Windows XP Pro, Version 2002 Service Pack 3

UnitySetup_update-3.0.0f5
    JDK-6u21-windows-i586
    Eclipse-SDK-3.5-win32 (Galileo)
    Android-ndk-r4b-windows
    Android-sdk_r07-windows

I updated my system Environment Variables,
    Path to include:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\bin;
    C:\Program Files\android-sdk-windows\tools;

...hmm looks like my JAVA_HOME value C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21
    environment variable didn't update - but I'm not sure Unity needs that. I'll reset
    that just in case.

Please post your environment setup too. This way we might trouble shoot that area.