Search Unity

Emulator launches app to black screen(no gl context set?)

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by BryceS, Dec 31, 2016.

1. BryceS

BryceS

When I build and run my game in the Tizen emulator, it launches but hangs on a black screen...

In the log it continuously spams the following error while the app is open:
    EvasGL <2906> modules/evas/engines/gl_common/evas_gl_core.c:1552 evas_gl_common_current_context_get() No current context set.

I've tried disabling GPU HW support in the emulator settings -- this makes the app not launch at all.
    I've tried setting minimum API level(in the Unity player settings) to Tizen 2.4, no luck.
    I've also tried disabling Auto Graphics API(player settings) & setting the graphics APIs to only OpenGLES2, as well as only OpenGLES3... same error.
    I've made sure that my deployment target is correctly set to the emulator.

My system's GPU is a gtx 970.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

What OS are you running on and what are the graphics settings for the emulator?

In the release notes for Tizen Studio it does mention that there are some issues with the OpenGL ES 2 & 3 setting on OS X. Perhaps try setting it to the 1.1 & 2 setting

3. BryceS

BryceS

Thanks for the reply.... I'm using Windows 10. The only graphics settings I can find for the emulator are enabling/disabling GPU hardware support(I've tried it both on and off) -- are there supposed to be more detailed settings than that?

4. BryceS

BryceS

Okay I was able to fix it myself!

What I did was reset (via the little gear icon) my Player Settings... and then set them up again. Something must have gotten corrupted/bugged in them(the project I'm building started with unity 5.4 and then later was upgraded to 5.5 so that might have something to do with it).

I hope this helps anyone who might have the same issue...

Inok likes this.
  5. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Sorry for the late reply, just got back to a computer at the end of the day. Glad to hear that you got it figured out though!

6. Inok

Inok

I had the same situation, thanks, finally i fix this, now i can test game on emulator! I think ptoblem in player settings somehow connected with splash category of settings because on earlier versions of unity i see error in console related to splash screen, not sure 100% about this but not have better idea what was wrong.

7. spark-man

spark-man

By unchecking Autoconnect Profiler and Script Debugging in Build Settings solved app blackscreen issue in my case.

8. thegabba

thegabba

Any other suggestion about how to solve the black screen issue? I tried what BryceS and Aldo-V suggested but there's nothing to do, I keep getting black screen and sounds...

9. thegabba

thegabba

I write this for everyone is struggling with the black screen problem on Tizen emulator. This issue seems to be unsolvable but I tried to send it to Tizen for the review anyway and it works on their devices. So, assuming your application works within the Unity editor, be confident and send the application for the review.
    Regards,
    Gabriele