Search Unity

Empty standalone build crashing on startup on Win 8.1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BigGreenPillow, Sep 29, 2015.

1. BigGreenPillow

BigGreenPillow

Hi, we got our game out and one player reported that the game was crashing every time she tried to open it, after doing some tests this seems to be a problem inherent from her own computer but I'm still trying to figure it out what exactly could be happening so I can help her to play our game.

The last test I did was to make her open an empty project with everything in the default settings using Unity 5.2.1f1 and it crashed exactly in the same way, before even the configuration dialog popped up. She reported to have some other game crashing as well in the same way so it seems that anything Unity related is crashing in her system for some reason.

I asked her to send me both the output_log.txt and her DxDiag.txt do see if anything was wrong with it, from what I can tell it seems to be something related to the initialization of her DirectX but I didn't find anything odd on her DxDiag and nothing that we tried seems to have helped with this issue, updating her graphic driver or trying to run windows update to try and get anything that could be out of date updated.

I'm not too experienced in trying to fix this kind of error so I though of asking here to see if anyone have any ideas on what I could do to try and have this fixed.

I have uploaded to this thread both the output_log.txt and the DxDiag.txt if anyone is willing to give it a look.

Thanks!

Attached Files: