Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Empty log errors in 2019.1.0f2

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Eyap, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Eyap

Eyap

Hi everyone !
    I got strange errors in the Unity Editor (2019.1.0f2). I'm under the new ubuntu 19.04 (Disco Dingo), with a fresh install.

Basically, i got some errors without any description (only the datetime is visible). I tried with a few projects, same problems.
    I installed all the dependances listed in the releases thread.

I tried to look into the log file, but... maybe this ?

-----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------
    No usable version of the libssl was found
    /home/eyap/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/Tools/RoslynScripts/unity_csc.sh: line 64: 25959 Aborted (core dumped) "/home/eyap/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.1.0f2/Editor/Data/Tools/RoslynScripts/../../Tools/Roslyn/csc" /shared /noconfig @temp/UnityTempFile-a3c7e49e5e33525719b0c8e72a21e002
    -----EndCompilerOutput---------------
    I attached to this post the full log file.
    Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Also, while i'm here : A big thanks to the unity dev team, being able to dev on linux is really really appreciated. Keep up the good work !

EDIT : I realized that the error is the same as the one in that thread : https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2019-1-0f2.664021/.
    As i find this other thread quite misleading, i will keep this one open.
    But a few things worth mentionning : I'm using the Unity hub (v1.6.1, cause i had no chances with the new beta 2.0).
    Also, as in the other thread, my package manager is missing. I also tried to use "Reset Packages to defaults", without much results.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    HZ51 likes this.
  2. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

HZ51, Eyap, psuong and 1 other person like this.
  3. Eyap

Eyap

Hi, thanks for the response. Glad to hear it :)

PixelJ likes this.
  4. Eyap

Eyap

By any chance, do you know when it may be fixed ?

Also, is there a workaround ubuntu 19.04 users can use in the meantime ? (like making an alias to libssl1.1, find a way to use the old package, or something else... ) ?

5. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

No ETA as 19.04 is yet officially supported.

6. tomhog

tomhog

Hey Eyap

I had the same problem, in the end I downloaded the package for my arch type from the link provide

https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/libssl1.0.0

so for arm64 you want

http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl1.0/libssl1.0.0_1.0.2n-1ubuntu6.2_amd64.deb

Here's what version was installed

https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/libssl1.1

I then ran the .deb file and it installed version 1.0.0 of libssl and my scripts where finally able to compile.
    Not saying this is a sensible thing to do, but it got Unity working for me which was all I needed the virtual
    machine I just setup to do haha.

andrewarnott, Sisso, iMer and 3 others like this.
  7. Eyap

Eyap

Hey tomhog,

Just tried to add the libssl1.1.0 package, and start a new 2019.1 / 2019.2 project, it indeed seems to work :D ! (I don't have any log errors, and the packages are updating fine). I don't really think there is any major drawbacks, as internally ubuntu will still rely on the installed libssl1.1 (i suppose ?), and for the package manager it's the same lib for 18.04.
    Also, i don't think ssl is used elsewhere, so it should be the end of the bug...

Even if the solution may seems easy to find, i didn't really had time to investigate more and try things, so a really big thanks for that ! ;)

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    syscrusher likes this.
  8. syscrusher

syscrusher

Problem replicated here, and this workaround also worked for me.

Eyap likes this.
  9. LocalNoob

LocalNoob

Eyap likes this.
  10. SamSpain

SamSpain

I was going mad trying to find out why Unity wasn't running the scene. This is my first installation of Ubuntu so I didn't forsee the latest version of Ubuntu being the error. Thank you for identifying the workaround!

11. BikeNomad

BikeNomad

Thanks ! This worked for me too !

HatTip to @SamSpain

12. stukontruk

stukontruk

Sorry to necropost but heads up to anyone else running into this on Fedora 30. If you install the "compat-openssl10" packages, this will resolve your issue. Not sure if this same package applies to other distros but may be worth checking.

On pre-19.04 Ubuntu you should be able to just run
     apt-get install openssl1.0 

For the workaround above by tomhog, it also appears that libssl1.0.2 should work if you want something a more up to date than just libssl 1.0.0 per below from an strace of the rosyln/csc utility.

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/lib64/tls/libssl.so.1.0.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    openat(AT_FDCWD, "/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/lib64/tls/libssl.so.1.0.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Thank you guys for helping me find the right direction to proceed past this on Fedora and good luck to anyone running into this in the future.

13. TimmyOl

TimmyOl

i just downloaded the lib from https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/libssl1.0.0
    AND IT WORKS!!!!
    after countless hours scavenging internet for solutions and trying everything i finally found this post that worked and the empty errors are gone, Thanks alot!! :)

14. HappyLDE

HappyLDE

15. lynxmonkey888

lynxmonkey888

This worked for me as well on Ubuntu 19.10 and Unity 2019.2.12f1, using the link from HappyLDE above.
    Thanks.

16. kevincoyle

kevincoyle

This worked really well for me! Thanks

17. DMinsky

DMinsky

And for Fedora you could install compat-openssl10.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. sudo dnf install compat-openssl10 -y

18. andrewarnott

andrewarnott

19. aforth

aforth

Still does not work for me and my openssl version is 1.0.2l

dr_ext likes this.