Search Unity

Empty Default 3D Template Generates Cloud Build Warnings

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by AdamKane, Oct 16, 2019.

1. AdamKane

AdamKane

Bug Case #: 1191965

When a cloud build is completed, a nice results email is sent, including the number of build warnings. My team would love to take advantage of this feature.

Unfortunately, a blank/empty project (for example: a new 3D project template), throws build warnings. Locally, there are no build warnings, but in the cloud, there are 49 warnings. (I believe the root issue is the OSX cloud build agents?)

Because of this, my team can't really "trust" the non-zero build warnings alert since there are quite a few warnings to begin with.

In the past, I've attempted to find a workaround, but the consensus seemed to be that there is no general purpose workaround that would support every situation. Is it possible that there is a workaround for specific situations? For example, our only required build target is Windows 64-bit (no OSX, Android, Hololens, etc, etc.)

Here's build alert email, with build warnings, from a blank unity project:

More details:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/161Mk3N6j80veH1UTDHqFjWS3pTr9fy5fx6NVwlO7J8o/edit?usp=sharing

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hey Adam,

Thanks for bringing the fact that this degrades the usefulness of the Cloud Build alert emails to our attention.

Just to reiterate what was discussed on your support ticket, the "shader unsupported" warnings that you are seeing here are actually present in the Editor.log file when the Editor is loaded. Silencing these warnings from the Cloud Build service would be the wrong solution, so I will work with the Shader development team to get the underlying issue resolved within the Editor itself. I'll keep you updated via your ticket and here for forum visibility.

akashkevich, victorw and AdamKane like this.