Search Unity

Emissive Surfaces Don't Project Light / Create Shadows, Even on Bake

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Xander-Davis, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

I'm trying to get emissive surfaces to project light / shadow onto static objects as seen in official unity tutorial videos and documentation, but this has never worked for me, even on bake.

How do you get this to actually work? Especially in realtime as seen here starting at the Emissive Surface section of the video:

I'm interested in getting this to work in either or both Realtime GI or Baked GI.

Advice?

Additional Info: I'm running macOS High Sierra Unity 2018.1b13 on a 5K iMac and my current project is in iOS / tvOS using Metal. All assets in my scene use the Unity Standard Shader, so the Emissive Surfaces would be lighting those. Baked Global Illumination Lighting Mode set to Baked Indirect. I also tried Shadowmask with no difference in result.

2. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

I can get materials to emit light, but they just render 'light' on whatever object the material is applied to and don't actually interact with other objects or materials, as seen in the video example above. Can someone walk me through how to get emissive materials to interact in the scene?