Search Unity

Emission Material on Top of UI

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kool120, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Kool120

Kool120

Hello!

Not sure if I'm posting this on the correct thread, so I apologise if it isn't.

In my latest project I tried to do a transition between scenes in the most simple way: Darkening the screen.

The problem is, when the image goes fully opaque (alpha = 1), there are emission materials that are clearly visible "through" the image.

This only happens to the emission type:

I'll leave three screenshots, screen before the image gets opaque, the screen after the image goes opaque and my canvas components.

BeforeDarkImage.PNG AfterDarkImage.PNG CanvasDefinitions.PNG

Hope you can help me!

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

You sure you've got the alpha on the image itself all the way up? If I do the same thing as you're doing here, a fully opaque image completely blocks out even the strongest emission. But if I put the image's alpha at even 1 point away from fully opaque, the emission gets through:

upload_2021-1-4_0-31-59.png

Are you setting the alpha using a script? Any chance you're doing some kind of loop where alpha < 1, but never fully set the alpha to one the last time through the loop?

3. Kool120

Kool120

@dgoyette Hi!

Thank you for answering!

I just confirmed it and yes, it is all the way up. Although I use values from 0 to 1. Confirmation.PNG

4. RulioOW

RulioOW

Hi, i ran into the same problem:

EmUi.png

The only solution I found was to put an empty image behind the already existing one.