Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Emission disappears over distance

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by BigRookGames, Feb 20, 2020.

1. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

I am experiencing a behavior that I am trying to get around, which is that the emission on my objects disappears over distance. As you can see here in the neon floor border:
    upload_2020-2-20_16-55-25.png
    I have messed with post and emission settings but cant seem to figure out how to get the color to stay. The bloom is .3/.7 and the mat has 6.5 emission so the base color doesn't matter because it wipes it out at that high of emission. I would like it to look like this:
    upload_2020-2-20_16-56-52.png
    Where you can see that the emission is there , but there is blue close and far, where as in unity it is white at such high emissive values.

The only way I can really get the base color to show is to turn bloom all the way up but then the rest of the scene is compromised.

Is there a way I can get the results like in the second photo? that shows blue as the emission object mesh color with emission as well?

Turning the bloom intensity up and the object emissive property down helps but I can't seem to get the emission to be consistent

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. AydinDeveloper

AydinDeveloper

The problem is calculated Bloom half resolution for optimization.

Packages\high definition rp\Runtime\PostProcessing\Components\Bloom.cs

public enum BloomResolution : int
    {
    /// <summary>
    /// Quarter resolution. Faster than <see cref="Half"/> but can result in aliasing artifacts.
    /// It is recommended to use this mode when targetting high-DPI displays.
    /// </summary>
    Quarter = 4,

/// <summary>
    /// Half resolution.
    /// </summary>
    Half = 2,

Full = 1

}

You can force full resolution by adding "Full = 1".

spikezart likes this.
  3. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

You are the best.