Search Unity

Emergency impact (game working with sensors connected to arduino)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Slamsher, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Slamsher

Slamsher

This short 2 player game is meant to be played with temperature, skin resistance and heartbeat sensors connected to an arduino Uno. Generally speaking, it's just an endless runner where you control a ship to evade obstacles. Sensors send information to arduino and a stress level is determined, that stress level, along with sensor readings, are sent to the game. Game's diffucilty depends on your stress. The more stressed you are the harder the game is for you.
    I'm posting this here since the university year 1 semester 1 project is finished and i think someone can find it interesting that you can use unity with arduino to make games. This game was not made to make profit, assets used and asset creators are all listed in the game.
    This game was made within a week with help of Unity tutorials, i had 0 experience with C# prior making this game.

If you click the university logo in the main menu there will be a short presentation about making the game and assets used are in the end of it.

If you want to play this game you need to turn off arduino support in main menu options sub-menu.

If you are interested, game can be downloaded with this link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12UfzrXfUi_5cxFfWmF-9nlCBU_rK86um

The game file includes code to read sensors made for arduino.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    chelnok likes this.
  2. chelnok

chelnok

Interesting. Any change to see video of the setup and gameplay (to see how controls works).

3. Slamsher

Slamsher

I don't have any video recording software right now. I hope screenshots will shed some light.

Control explanation and game objectives can be viewed inside the game. 2018-04-22 (2).png
    Game play screenshot 2018-04-22.png
    UI doesn't show sensor readings since those screenshots were made without attached sensors. Game diffuculty a.k.a. "stress" can be changed before starting the game.
    Esc. opens the menu.

4. chelnok

chelnok

Looks nice. I was thinking more like short video with your phone, that shows arduino stuff and some gameplay screen. What kind of sensors did you use?

5. Slamsher

Slamsher

Sensors used are a temperature sensor (NTC thermistor), pulse sensor and a GSR sensor. Everything is attached to fingers.
    Gameplay video with sensors connected can be a bit difficult since university asked my group to use our project to showcase it to future students.

chelnok likes this.
  6. inesb18

inesb18

Hi Slamsher, I was wondering if you had a mac version of the game. The zip you included has only a windows executable :)