Search Unity

Ember - this is what I have to show for 8 months of blood, sweat and sleepless nights

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Zaine7673, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

Hi all,

8 months ago, I thought right! that's it! I want to go into games development and so as with everything else in my life - i just went for it.

Whilst maintaining my 9-5, 5 day a week job (and catering to my super needy cat) I've managed to learn a huge amount and come up with my first game titled "Ember".

It is available on a few different platforms so feel free to check it out on a platform of your choice at www.dreemlabs.co.uk - it was really designed for Android so if you want just search for it on the playstore.

Let me know if you think its a yay or a meh sort of game! I'm open to criticism :)

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I think it has a cool look to it and like the scene at the end of the video where they find their parent.

I didn't really get what the game is though. It would be good to show a few deaths... I am guessing falling in water is bad. Are there other things that must be avoided?

What can the player do? Is it solely moving & jumping to experience the world or are there other mechanics not shown in the video?

3. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

hey, thanks for the feedback bud.

The mechanics are mainly running left and right and jumping but on each level we tried to integrate different things to change it up a bit. so for example on the first level there is a little puzzle where you have to burn a vertical stick and allow for a stick above it to drop so you can use it to cross the puddle but you must make it across before the stick burns away.

another level; you are inside a hollow tree bark and must make it across before it sinks into the water and takes you with it.

another; you jump off a tree and glide down whilst avoiding a million raindrops and gusts of wind which blow you around.

I sort of designed the levels based on the story so even thought the characters moves are limited, I've tried to use the environment to spice things up a bit.

It also has an online leaderboard which seems to be doing better than i thought. I honestly i thought it would be empty and id get like 5 downloads LOL