Search Unity

Feedback Embedded package and Perforce

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by nickleplated, Feb 20, 2020.

1. nickleplated

nickleplated

I am developing a custom package in 2019.2.21f1 that contains assets and code.
    The package itself is embedded in the Packages folder of my project.

I initially had it in a git repo and had no issues working with the package's files in Unity.
    Recently, I needed to move it to Perforce and now I can't work with most of the files.

The project files in the Assets folder work as normal when using perforce. They have the button to click in the inspector to check out the file.
    The files in the packages folder, however, do not. There is no way to check them out using Unity and since they aren't checked out, they can't be edited. Things like Images, Sprite Atlases, and Input Actions assets can't be edited using the inspector. Scripts also can't be checked out.
    Prefabs in the packages folder can be edited and when they try to save, they will ask you if you want to check them out, which does work. For everything else, I have to go to perforce to manually check out the file and then come back to Unity to edit it.

Edit:
    I just upgraded to 2019.3.3f1 and now there is a Check Out button at the top of the inspector for the package files.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020