Search Unity

Bug Embedded and local packages no longer generate solution projects

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Stephen-Hodgson, May 26, 2020.

1. Stephen-Hodgson

Stephen-Hodgson

After updating to the latest 2019.3.14 release the local and embedded packages no longer show up in visual studio as part of the solutions generated projects.

This make it very difficult for development teams who are working on packages that are located in the projects packages folder or when testing with local package references.

This used to be the default in 2019.3.11f and previous, but now every person who clones the project has to manually set this up by hand before they can get to work.

hawaiian_lasagne likes this.
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hi Stephen,

Sincere apologies for the delay in my reply.

I've spoken to the Package Manger team at length about this and it seems it's something we will need to fix internally that another team is responsible for. I've asked them for feedback to share with you and will come back to you once I get something :)

3. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

It's me again :)

Could you perhaps file a bug report on this and post the bug number you receive once you've done so? I'd like to raise this internally for you!

The process to file a bug can be found here: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

4. miniwolf_unity

miniwolf_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes please do so, this is a breaking change which we should not have introduced.
    We will get started working on a fix that will be added to the LTS that will return to the old behaviour, but still include the new settings. The bug report is needed so that we can get this into the LTS and for you to track the progress of this fix.

davidrochin likes this.
  5. davidrochin

davidrochin

Did you create the bug report?