Search Unity

Embarrassing questions about daydream development

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by iNabulsi, Mar 8, 2018.

1. iNabulsi

iNabulsi

Hello unity community
    I'm new to unity and game development And I'm going to have some embarrassing questions but in the end I'm here to learn

I'm working on a game for my graduation project from university and it's an " escape the room " game where the player has to solve some puzzles to escape And win.

My questions are how to create an inventory ( to collect objects and reuse them in the right places e.g: keys for doors/drawers ) is there something that's already in unity that does that ?

Second question
    As the title says I downloaded the daydream sample scenes and I wanted that tunneling movement in my game I copied the player from that scene to mine and it worked perfectly
    And I wanted to add the objective manipulation too but it didn't work I have no idea why and my only thought was that in both scenes they player is the only difference and I don't know how to add both at the same time and work well

Last question is I want to make the player to be able to read papers that are hidden in the room when he opens it it should play some kind of an animation to hold it and is there any tutorials about this thing and what are animations in unity and so on ?
    I have some knowledge about animation since it's my field of study in university

Maybe my questions aren't Clear because I don't know what I want lol
    Maybe if someone got me could help
    I would appreciate any information you could share.
    Thank you very much for reading all that
    Hope to see replies.

Yanal

2. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

3. rehahoshanli

rehahoshanli

Hi HeyBishop, another newbie here. I do not see a reference to Daydream in these tutorials, do they apply to Daydream just the same? If not how can the differences be identified?

4. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Oh right! There are some differences.
    For that first link I shared, I got involved in the forum that the creator of those tutorials also runs and maintains. I created a new thread there which outlines some of the differences that I discovered along the way... but for Daydream.

Here's the link:
    http://forum.gamegrind.io/d/191-following-along-in-gvr-daydream
    I use the same username there as I do here.

I'm kind of a newbie here too. Best of luck!