Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Email notifications per project, turn on / off and different adresses

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by JDMulti, Sep 1, 2014.

1. JDMulti

JDMulti

My Unity software is registered with the email of my boss. This is the way he wanted it to have and receive any emails when new versions are released. However with the cloud build testing periode I tried a lot of things at home, since I wanted to be ahead with this new feature as we have little or no self study time at work.

But after I checked this cloud building and got it working, I realised my boss had loads of emails. Now I can change the email registered with the unity products, but we want to keep all our software registered on that same email adress and only receive updates on software versions.

My question would be: Can we have email nofication set in general and per project, so we can turn off email notification when testing or turn it off completely. This way I can save my boss hunderds of emails while playing around. It would also be cool to maybe add field for another emails as input. So we have an email used for all unity products, but a different email for notifications per project. This ways every developer working on a project can create a special email adress to only notify people working on that one project, instead of spamming everything to a single email adress.

Just my thought, but maybe a good solution. I saw a few others on different topic having a simular question.

2. StarManta

StarManta

I've requested this already, and they've said they will work on it.

3. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

This is not possible at the moment, but as @StarManta mentioned he also requested a similar feature here. It's definitely a feature and it would be handsome to have a better control about who gets notifications! Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

4. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @JDMulti

FYI - We just added the ability to turn off email notifications for a user.

https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/login/me

If you un-check the box under Email Notifications it should stop sending those. It's not the final version of this feature, just the start... But hopefully it will allow you to turn off notifications on your bosses account. Thanks for the input and ideas, we really appreciate it!

5. JDMulti

JDMulti

Thanks, that's actually very nice indeed and I didn't expect that you guys would make that change so fast and even notify me. I think a lot of people will use that little checkbox. can't wait to see some more features added for notifications. Hopefully some nice additions for teams on different projects or something.

hypeNate likes this.
  6. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

Is this feature STILL not in?
    This is super annoying for a studio with more than a single project.

I've even tried removing myself as a collaborator of a specific project and every time I hit the red x it says it's removing, loads, and I'm not removed.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  7. cyberMedia

cyberMedia

This feature is available now.
    Step 1: Log in your account
    Step 2: Click on Cloud Build Preferences on the left-hand side
    Step 3: From the System Settings option, uncheck the box and save email preferences.
    Capture1.PNG

8. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

By default, Cloud Build automatically sends out notifications when a build succeeds or fails to all Managers and Owners of the Organization and all members of the Project. These notifications can be turned off completely for the project by doing the following:
    1. Navigate to your project via https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com
    2. Within the left hand menu, navigate to Cloud Build > Notifications
    3 At the bottom of this page uncheck the checkbox for email notifications

If you want to turn off these notifications for a single user:
    1. Have the user navigate to https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/preferences/
    2. Uncheck the "Yes, I would like to receive build notifications via email" checkbox