Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Eliot AI - NEXT GENERATION of AI tools [NOW RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by eliot-ai, Oct 18, 2018.

?

What would be the best thing to add to Eliot next?

1. New type of Nodes based on machine learning

45 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Eliot Hub - place to share your Eliot Behaviours and Skills

35 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Copypasting parts of Behaviours

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Embedded UI system for displaying Agent's stats

13 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. Support of 2D Sprite-based worlds

17 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. Groups and formations of Agents with a single goal

30 vote(s)
    18.6%
  7. Agent's stats system that can affect the power and other settings of the Skills

16 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I was excited until I read these two things.

magique likes this.
  2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

It can be frustrating. I use assets that are not being updated to newer versions and I use assets that are abandoning my version.

3. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

That's why I want to keep both versions, for 2019 and for the older versions of Unity. Unity itself is not backwards-compatible so this is a major reason for separation. Many of the features are just not possible with older versions or would require a lot more effort. Most of the them would have to be built twice if I were to update that for older version as well because things work differently in the new Unity.

4. magique

magique

OK, so you're saying that the older version will still be maintained, updated, and have bug fixes and new features? Just not ALL the new features?

5. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

For the current version I only remember one update and it was for integrations with assets some user have so I wouldn't expect any actual "new" features.

Don't get me wrong. The new features look great but many of us were expecting the current version to be updated with the teased new features and not just sold as a new separate asset for an additional fee.

Since I put my larger project on hold in place of a smaller one that I can sell quicker I may be able to move to an updated version of Unity (for the smaller project.) I'll have to look into it. It would be nice if I can.

6. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

I totally understand and the intention of asset developers (Especially in my case here) is not to alienate users but to keep things up to date. With ongoing updates from Unity I just cannot code in the older systems due to deprecations in code. Also the newer versions of Unity access new parts of processing thus allowing the new Eliot AI to function faster and better and more efficiently. To that end the old user base can still obtain the first version of Eliot AI which should work on the older systems, but the new version of Eliot AI can only work in 2019 in order to make use of the newer functionality and optimization. That is one of the reasons why there is a new version of Eliot AI in the store and going forward should users wish they may obtain the new version. This is just how software is and in order to keep updated we must keep updates in line with the newer versions of Unity.

Brian-Ryer likes this.
  7. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Unity has made it harder for asset developer the past two years, no doubt, with the number of changes (especially graphics wise.) However, like @magique was asking, what is the future of the current version? Is it going to be maintained in any capacity or will it be deprecated?

8. magique

magique

What about the performance fixes promised earlier? Something related to json, I believe. Will the older version get that at least?

9. indie_dev85

indie_dev85

I purchased it last year, thinking it as a support for Eliot AI development with all the promised features and stability.
    But will be not be too pleased to shell out again for the features that should have been rolled out incrementally instead of a big major update.

LNMRae and magique like this.
  10. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

The older version is there to support the existing users and the ones that use older versions of Unity. I understand where you are coming from and it was a tough decision for me but I believe it is the right decision for Eliot AI going forward since it will open up a lot more opportunities for all the users. In order to smooth this transition I am offering a discounted upgrade to all the existing users.

I understand that the decision made may be a challenge for some, however as Unity is constantly being upgraded and updated, we must also update to accomodate for new optimizations and functionality that only the latest version of Unity can bring. That being said, the new things that are in the works include:
    -The new version of Eliot AI (With a planned target to get Production Ready AI within 5 minutes!)
    -A new asset called Eliot AI Behaviours which will include many useful behaviours pre-made and ready to go
    -Many future game templates that you can purchase all powered by Eliot AI 2.0
    -A yearly subscription based system for those who would like higher level access to Eliot AI
    -A paid Live-Help service to help those larger companies looking to integrate Eliot AI into their enterprise products

I am very very grateful to everyone for their support of version 1.0 of Eliot and that being said as this transition may be a challenge for some, its in the best interest for all users to ultimately have a high quality product

11. magique

magique

Can you check the publisher forums and let us know what the percentage use of Unity 2019 is compared to older versions? That used to be publicly available, but now only publishers can view it. I would like to know if usage statistics match your assessment. I think you are just making assumptions though.

12. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

When is the new release?

13. Subliminum

Subliminum

What Versions of Unity do you guys use? Out of curiosity.

14. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Does behavior trees mean real behavior trees like behavior designers?

15. magique

magique

My current projects all use Unity 2017.1.5f1

Subliminum likes this.
  16. xoodZ

xoodZ

My project use version 2018.4
    I tried to switch to version 2019.1 (release), but but got problems in other assets, then returned to 2018.4.

Please answer the questions:
    What is the price of the new version of the asset expected?
    What is the planned discount for developers who bought Eliot 1.0?
    Which of the items listed by you will be included in the old version?
    When to expect a new asset?

I think that you are not correctly in relation to other developers, because you are reporting this information at the last moment. At the beginning of the summer I asked questions about the new version. You said that there will be major changes. For this reason, I put off the implementation of my project - I was expecting a new version. If I received information in the summer that I would be forced to buy a new asset, I would probably choose another asset, and have already advanced in my project with another asset.
    The point is not only that the new asset costs money (although many developers here are indies, and for them it is a hobby, not making money). The fact is that you promised one thing, we made plans for your information, and now you are changing everything.

Subliminum and magique like this.
  17. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

Wow, I didn't see this coming, from waiting for the next update to a new paid product.

What does this even mean? The asset still comes with the source code right?

I would be surprised if Unity 2019.3 even releases this year with its missing HDRP shaders.

So what is the new upgrade price?

Subliminum likes this.
  18. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

We are in the works and will announce launch dates and more details as they become available.

19. blacksun666

blacksun666

yet another asset for the . When will I learn to only buy an asset that supports the version of unity I am using at the time, has the functionality I need at the time, has support and free bug/compatibility fixes. Why do I always get suckered in by promises and sales.

LNMRae and J0linar like this.
  20. Sisay

Sisay

Nothing new for a year. Compatibility with other plugins instead of new releases, optimization is not progress. Now a new paid update.

LNMRae likes this.
  21. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

For my main project I was originally trying to hold on with 2017 LTS but some of the assets I used dropped support for it so I took the time to update to 2018.4. That was a pain and I had to drop a couple assets that no longer worked. Now in a similar situation with xoodZ for my main project. I have to stay with 2018 for now.

I did start a smaller game that I can release sooner before I return to my main project. I just started off with 2019.1.

I believe that supporting the bleeding edge Unity version is not the safest idea. I don't know how many developers are willing to spend their time with a constantly moving target. They'd never get their game made if they do. I know the argument is that there are feature that just make things faster but that does leave the early adopters out to dry who were hoping for those new features.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  22. Ij0n

Ij0n

Hello,

I have problem with EliotAI. When using WalkAroundWaypoints I made custom behavior that sets Time. But most of cases agent does not leave waypoint and Time does not stop counting. Any ideas? Does it work for other people or does it have a bug?

I have another question. Is there a way to set WalkAroundWaypoints to walk randomly? I want it to move from place to place with specific location but in random, not just waypoint 0, then waypoint 1 ... etc.

Thanks in advence!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  23. p_hergott

p_hergott

Omg i just read the update notice thing.... this version is going to greatly suffer to use 2019, which MOST ppl dont use..... current version is unusable for performance, since the AI start just drains cpu. Id rather get a refund than sit here and hope that the “old” version of eliot ai gets some fixes...

Subliminum likes this.
  24. psych77

psych77

I went back to Emerald AI. Waited a long time for performance issues to get sorted. So im a bit dissapointed. Product was good with big potential, good developers etc. Although i sort of understand the decision also. Either way good luck :)

Subliminum likes this.
  25. giraffe1

giraffe1

The dev is providing an awesome asset for relatively cheap price. You guys should be more supportive.

eliot-ai likes this.
  26. p_hergott

p_hergott

Last update was just integrations. So, current users haven’t received any love for quite a while. But there has been talks and displays of the upcoming patch. So, high hopes. Eliot AI as far as i can use, is broken, the CPU cost of a AI on awake is so insanely excessive, anyone that puts this into a project is going to freeze the system for a couple of seconds EVERY time a AI spawns or starts. But the core concepts and design are great, this “could” be a great AI system. Then we get hit with a “sorry you need to use only the newest unity version” and need to buy it, even at reduced price. Obviously the decision on this was long before the announcement. This.... to me, is literally just a slap in the face by the developers.

Sisay and magique like this.
  27. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Hello there, is eliot ai able to work with non navmesh based pathfinding? Such as with A* pathfinding project pro?

I see in the store page eliot has integration for it, but I don't see it anywhere in the eliot manual.

thanks.

28. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

Hi there! the only thing you need is to change the motion type to "Astar" in the inspector. everything is handled automatically

29. Sisay

Sisay

It's been a year and nothing is happening. When will it really be the first package update?

30. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

A taste of things to come...

Launching end of December 2019. See you soon.

Attached Files:

Duffer123 and Ryan-Hayle like this.
  31. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Utility AI became famous thanks to the sims. So I wonder Do you have anything for AI like Sims?

32. magique

magique

Beta testing?

Duffer123 likes this.
  33. Duffer123

Duffer123

@eliot-ai ,

Looks nice, but I am really hoping I just purchased the 'pro' version?!?

Also, can the inventory system cover items which are customisable and with different properties at runtime (and things like sockets and affixes)?

Can we create and reference additional resources/stats...? Will the next version support buffs/debuffs?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  34. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

You can definitely build sims-like AI with Eliot

35. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

You have purchased the version which will be upgradable to Pro.

Definitely yes.

Additional resources/stats are in fact a new feature. You can create buffs and debuffs even with the current version.

Duffer123 likes this.
  36. blacksun666

blacksun666

is the pro version still for the 2019.3 unity as a minimum? If so will you be waiting for it's release before you release your asset or releasing against the beta and constantly updating to support the latest build of 2019.3 unity?

37. Duffer123

Duffer123

@eliot-ai ,

Excellent! A proper Stat and Buff support and a majestic runtime inventory system... With item properties, sockets etc.

To paraphrase a well-known cartoon character, 'just take my damned money!'.

How much to upgrade to Pro on @ 30 December?

P.s. Release Pro as soon as... ;)

38. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

When will there be an example project with AI like sims?

Duffer123 likes this.
  39. Duffer123

Duffer123

@eliot-ai ,

The other thing I was wondering about was tiered or levelled skills? But I suppose that be done by reference as well to Stats?

40. magique

magique

I hope this is a free upgrade because to this day the original has been unusable.

p_hergott, Sisay and Subliminum like this.
  41. Duffer123

Duffer123

@eliot-ai ,

How's it coming along? Still good for a release of the Pro version on 30/12/19? I am particularly interested in the inventory/item functionality (see above). Any further tasters, insights or screenies you can post here for your paying punters? ;)

42. Duffer123

Duffer123

@eliot-ai ,

Also, what's the upgrade price for Eliot-AI to Eliot-AI Pro?

43. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

This information will be available publicly soon :)

Duffer123 likes this.
  44. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

Another taste of things to come!

45. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

Hello everyone!

We Hope you are having an incredible holiday season! To that end we've got a lot of great news to share with all of you today!

Item number one (Drumroll Please!!!!!!!) : This holiday season we wanted to do something truly special because we believe that the holidays are all about caring for each other and we wanted to show some love to all of you who have helped to bring Eliot AI this far and make it amongst the TOP AI TOOLS for the Unity 3D Engine! To that end we at Eliot AI have decided to make the upgrade FREE for all previous purchasers of the full version of Eliot AI! That's right you will be getting a FREE UPGRADE to Eliot AI PRO if you purchased the previous version of Eliot AI. Also we will be having a FREE offering for those who have never experienced our world class state of the art AI solution! Please check out our tutorial videos to see Eliot AI FREE in action!

Item number two (Get your holiday party hats out!!!): Both Eliot AI Pro and Eliot AI Free are uploaded and are awaiting approval from the Unity administration. So it'll become public any moment now, it's all up to the Unity team right now and is now out of our hands and waiting to get into yours, our most loyal supporters (MUCH LOVE!)

Item number three (For those who have NOT joined our mailing list yet...YOU REALLY NEED TO JOIN, IT'S FREE! Forward This To Your Friends so they can join too!): You can now join our mailing list on the official website eliot-ai.com and be amongst the first to get notifications and any news regarding Eliot AI as well as any services and events we plan to bring out in the future (A taste => Our Future Advanced AddOn Kit Package, Advanced Training Webinars, Game Templates, Our Yearly INSIDERS CLUB program and MUCH MORE!!!).

46. magique

magique

Thank you. This is much appreciated.

Duffer123 and StevenPicard like this.
  47. Duffer123

Duffer123

@eliot-ai , that's superb news all round! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year indeed!

48. p_hergott

p_hergott

And Eliot pro is a only unity req 2019.2 ?

49. eliot-ai

eliot-ai

Both Eliot AI Pro and Eliot AI Free are basically incompatible with the previous version so please keep that in mind when upgrading to the new version. To make it easier on yourself, make a backup before upgrading. You can transition your existing project that runs on old Eliot to the new version but it is not automatic. To be fair, it is not hard either but you will need to do a few steps to achieve that. We are going to make a tutorial video on how to upgrade. The new versions will support Unity 2019.2+
    Thank you for your warm response to the announcement! Happy Holidays again :)

hoodoo and Duffer123 like this.
  50. quarzwar

quarzwar

Wow.. This is really kind.
    I am shaking with antisipation,
    Thank you so much.

Duffer123 likes this.