Search Unity

Question Elephant in the room - WebGL platform on-going support

Discussion in 'Web' started by KamilCSPS, Jan 12, 2024.

1. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

So, as many of you know, Unity is in a transitionary phase and there is currently another wave of layoffs. It must be a very difficult and stressful time for Unity employees and their families. My thoughts are with them.

Last thing I want is to add to the stress - so I don't have any expectations by starting this thread. That said, a lot of projects, investments and jobs are also indirectly dependent on those same decisions from Unity. WebGL Unity forums are invaluable because we get to chat directly with those employees. They are very passionate about their work and show great care in communicating with their user base. I know there are many of us here who appreciate this dedication and I wish to express my sincere gratitude to them.

It would be a deep loss to see @jukka_j , @brendanduncan_u3d , @unityruba leave. Just to name a few, and apologies to anyone not mentioned.

So if I may kindly ask if it would be possible to have some level of transparency on the impact of the layoffs at Unity, especially impacting the WebGL platform? Again, no expectations - just asking.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  2. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Quoting anonymously a Unity employee.

So all we can do is hope the right decisions were made and wish good luck to everyone.

Cheers.