Search Unity

Elements are not clickable when being expanded by an animation (video inside)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Tarodev, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Tarodev

Tarodev

To make it work I simply move it into the original element bounds. Is this a bug or just a limitation of the system? Unity 2020.1.0a7 by the way.

2. Antistone

Antistone

My guess would be that you have some sort of transparent object in front of the button that is "blocking" your clicks.

If you select your Event System object during runtime, it will display some debug information about what the mouse is pointing at.

Tarodev likes this.
  3. Tarodev

Tarodev

I had no idea about the event system, which will be very handy in the future. This helped me solve the problem (it was exactly as you said). Thank you!

4. Tarodev

Tarodev

@Antistone, I don't suppose you have an answer to this problem, too:

The GUI scales down every time I go to the animation tab, then returns when I leave it. Makes it impossible to make any reliable GUI animations.

5. Antistone

Antistone

If you have a new problem, starting a new thread is probably smarter than posting in the old one (more people will see it).

Looks like that's technically the Animator tab, not Animation.

Possible that switching tabs is causing the animation preview to toggle on/off and you happen to be previewing a clip that messes with size? Does behavior change based on what object you have selected in the hierarchy? Does it happen if you go to Animation, rather than Animator?

6. Tarodev

Tarodev

I started a thread and asked a question last week, but both went unnoticed :(

Happens with both the animation and animator tabs. This is before even attaching an animator/controller to any objects or having any animations in the project. I'm going about it in the same way as previous projects which didn't suffer this problem. I'm beginning to think it's a 2020 bug.

7. Tarodev

Tarodev

This appears to be caused by the canvas scaler. If I change the canvas to "Constant pixel size" it will go to the small size and not change when entering the animation tabs. If I change it back to "scale with screen size" it toggles... Like the scale with screen size is being ignored.