Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Edy's Vehicle Physics - official thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Edy, Jan 19, 2012.

1. seconddaytv

seconddaytv

Thank you for the quick response EDY!
    I currently experiment with the Randomation physics but I'll keep your physics in mind, should the Randomation physics not deliver what I need.

Edy likes this.
  2. Vaupell

Vaupell

Hi, i have some vehicles setup with Edy's ;)
    I am wondering if i can move them to a single waypoint, ie they just need to drive forward.

Ofcourse i could transform position the gameobject, but i was thinking using the physics and engine.
    I want to "start the engine" then let it drive on it's own, (only forward) until it reaches a target point, then engine off.

Could that be possible?

3. Luka201

Luka201

Capture1.PNG Capture.PNG eight-days-16.png Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG
    Looks like the high poly Sport Coupe was from the cancelled game Eight Days.
    But how did that car end up in Unity?
    And what about the bus and the low poly Sport Coupe?

4. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

5. Edy

Edy

Certainly, I'd love to have the high-poly Sport Coupe from those pictures! The one in EVP is not even close to that.

6. soopx

soopx

Sooo, I bought this package today, and I've been struggling for hours to get where I want, but I'm unable to get the cars to behave how I'd like. I'm getting the sinking feeling that I may have purchased something I can't use to do what I want, but I was having a horrible time with the inbuilt wheel physics.

Essentially I'm trying to re-create my simple game I made in Gamemaker Studio.

I'd like my cars to:
    * never roll
    * accellerate quickly
    * never lose speed when cornering
    * drift, but never spin out

So far I've just about gotten the accelleration by tweaking the mass to something very light, then maxing out the downforce, but I'm really struggling with the other three. Is it even possible?

I'd also like the car to be bouncier, so it doesn't come to a dead stop after a collision

7. Edy

Edy

Hello! Please write me to edy@vehiclephysics.com for support. Thank you!

8. pipboy3060

pipboy3060

Hey, for some odd reason, the game just freezes on startup whenever i hit play in editor. There's no obvious errors in the log that can point to anything. I tried making a new project and reimporting my custom made edy vehicle and the same thing happened.

Any quick ideas about what to do? This didn't normally happen and usually my edy vehicle projects work perfectly.

9. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

I have bought many vehicle assets, this has to be the most realistic one. You can try out my game to see for yourself.

unityunity