Search Unity

Question EditorXR unity 2020 support

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by Kustuk, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Kustuk

Kustuk

question is - does EditorXR have unity 2020 support?
    It is installing fine through package manager but does'n show up in Windows Menu.

2. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

No, currently it doesn't have support for Edit mode, but you can still use play mode in Unity 2020.

3. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

When you say "you can still use play mode", is all you mean that you can run your XR game on your XR device when you hit play? Or do you mean something different?

4. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

5. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Gotcha. Thank you.
    Alas... I'm already on 2020.2!
    It might be too late for me to revert. Pity, I really want to use this tool.

6. Underwurlde

Underwurlde

I'm on 2020.2 also, good news is it works great in play mode using 'play mode saver'.

Sab_Rango likes this.
  7. weizgit

weizgit

I'm on 2021.3.5f1 LTS and managed to ger things working. I have not yet tested it fully as I'm not even super familiar with it... but EditorXR was something that really interested me.

I'm no expert or wouldn't even consider myself knowledgeable on Unity either so I'd imagine most can do what I eventually got done. However, I did not document and just kind of dove in, reverted and changed some earlier edits, patched things up down the trail of errors, etc.

I wish more development was done with this, or at least more public work if they're doing more behind the scenes.

I have to imagine there are plans... but I even feel the general resolution on the most used HMDs needs to increase in order to make development comfortable. The idea is a no-brainer.

Once I have an AR HMD on the level of something like an XR3, the monitors come off the desk. AR/XR/VR dev is just a matter of time. Lead the pack, Unity :p

8. Alakelele

Alakelele

How did you manage to get it running ? I have a Quest 2 and I am stuck, such a disapointment that Unity is giving up on this