Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question EditorXR Runtime on Oculus Quest building from MacOS- possible?

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by wxxhrt, Dec 27, 2020.

1. wxxhrt

wxxhrt

Pretty much as the the title suggests- I've been trying to get EditorXR running as an APK build on an Oculus Quest- but I'm using a Mac to do the building- is this possible? I'm hoping to have a play with extending the tools in EditorXR to make a rough TiltBrush clone.

Current setup is as follows:-

Unity 2019.4.17f1
    EditorXR 0.4.12 installed through Package Manager, along with all its dependencies.
    Oculus Android (and Oculus Desktop) installed through package manager.

Player Settings -> EditorXR -> Context Manager "Include In Player Builds" (Ticked)
    Player Settings -> XR Settings -> "Virtual Reality Supported" (Ticked) and Oculus as the only VR SDK
    Player Settings -> Other Settings -> "Graphics API's" OpenGLES3 as the only API

I've also followed this info re setting up a GameObject with Editing Context Manager, and creating Default Script References https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rymrri54MeUO1UE8pev0Tss9dMAcltECOF7NAAO5XuE/edit#

The only changes I've made to Beth sample scene are converting the camera to an XRRig and adding a Cube.

With this setup I can build and run to my Quest but when the app loads it doesn't get past the Unity loading logo.

Any ideas on something I'm missing would be greatly appreciated :)

2. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

I apologize because I don't have a Quest or have much experience developing for Quests on Android, but I believe you should be able to see the logs using adb, no? Is there an error that shows there?

3. manurocker95

manurocker95

Latest 2020.x and 2021.x build just fine for me on Macbook pro M1, but the lack of Oculus Runtime sucks so much. You can't test the game in the editor even if the computer has the power to run it.