Search Unity

EditorXR is Incredible - But I have no Text in Menus!

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by NextWorldVR, Dec 30, 2017.

1. NextWorldVR

NextWorldVR

When I click the Menu in Editor VR / VR, I see the block of menus boxes, but all of them are BLANK! No Text!!
    For now I have to Guess what each option is because what show up as text menu options for others, just show up as gray blank blocks for me,... See image here (I also uploaded):
    https://ibb.co/cNhYHG
    I did all the usual typical stuff, Unity downloaded directly from Unity, Oculus Utilities and EditorXR.... I did exactly as it said to in the video, all is very easy to use after working in Medium,, I even found a PAINT TOOL randomly clicking on blank menu options!

PLEASE HELP this is the ONLY Reason I Bought a Rift to make UNITY VR in VR at last.. What can I try to get Menus with actual TEXT??? ??

Attached Files:

2. NextWorldVR

NextWorldVR

THIS IS YOU from 5 minutes in the future!! You simply need to download and install TextMesh Pro from the Unit y Store - Like when 3ds Max got Text Plus years ago, the Text Objects are obviously there, but they are not being 'interpreted' as anything but empty null dummy objects, without the TextMesh Pro. I (we?) always open a New Download like this into a New clean Project (In this case called TextMesh Pro) then save out an Asset package and you have a clean copy to import to all future Editor XR projects!
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/beta-projects/textmesh-pro-84126
    I (we) might consider making a new build of this asset folder with all the menu text rendered as textured assets with all the Menu Items in a single 'Text Texture Atlas', then remake the packages.

I figure things like this out quickly, even without help, but this might have really ruined someones day!

OFF TO MY HOLODECK TO BE DATA AND MAKE 'HOLO-PLAYS' LOL :) YAY!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. NextWorldVR

NextWorldVR

THANKS ME FROM THE FUTURE!

erikhorn likes this.
  4. unity_andrewm

unity_andrewm

Unity Technologies

Posting your solution after you figured it out for others? You sir are a hero. That texture atlas is a good idea, too.

NextWorldVR likes this.
  5. NextWorldVR

NextWorldVR

Aww shucks... What an amazing tool. Level design is no longer a chore but,. a cherished past-time,. A fun thing to do while watching Netflix to the Virtual Side, in a pinned Chrome / Dash window :) This time, the future really is now!

erikhorn and Deleted User like this.