Search Unity

EditorWindow dock issue

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by xXApOXx, Oct 18, 2016.

1. xXApOXx

xXApOXx

Hi,

I have trouble with my own EditorWindow, every time I launch Unity while my EditorWindow was dock in the interface, it's been removed from the interface with this both error that I can't figure out :

Removed empty DockArea while reading window layout: window #3, instanceID=8964
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)
    Removed unparented EditorWindow while reading window layout: window #14, type=UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow, instanceID=8986
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

Otherwise my window is working fine.

2. xXApOXx

xXApOXx

Well I found out. That's because my EditorWindow is in a namespace, that's pretty sad :'(.

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

I suspect that isn't the root of the problem. All of my editor windows are in namespaces, and their dock status persists when quitting and launching Unity.

4. xXApOXx

xXApOXx

Indeed, the problem came back after renaming my window :s

5. xXApOXx

xXApOXx

Well if I reset the name and add the namespace again, no problem :D. That's so much weird...

6. tsemple

tsemple

I had this problem and making the class name match the file name solved the problem. And it seems to work with a namespace. If you want to rename the window tab you can use:
    titleContent = new GUIContent("MyTitle");

7. leopripos

leopripos

This solved my problem.
    Basically it was happen caused by my window class name not match with my file name.

And if the error still exist, you can re-open the project to remove the errors caused by the window you created before (when class name not match with file name).