Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

EditorVR Patch 1

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by mtschoen, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hello all!

We've really enjoyed the community response to our public release yesterday. A few of you noticed some rough edges with the UX; thanks for keeping your feedback positive and constructive! We're already aware of a lot of the pain points and tricky learning curves, and will continue to work on polishing and streamlining the interface.

We're all getting ready to take some much-deserved time off for the winter holidays, but we don't want to leave you in the lurch! Below is a link to our first patch release. On top of the experimental nature of EditorVR, this code is hot off the presses and hasn't yet been reviewed by the team--meaning it might change before making it into the mainline. That said, none of the changes should make a difference for tool developers.

Download this package and use it to replace your current Assets/EditorVR folder
    EDIT: [original link removed now that is has been superseded by the actual 0.0.1 release]

Release notes:
    • Scroll list views from afar
    • Fix bug where you locomote after selecting an action from the Radial Menu
    • Hide manipulator while multi-selecting
    • Fix bug where Create Primitive menu blocked selection ray from hitting Unity Logo button
    • Fix bug where items grabbed from project workspace are too big
    • Fix bugs with grabbed inspector fields (double click on field to grab)
    • Increase scale range of MiniWorld zoom slider
    • Visual polish (main menu and hover highlight)

Enjoy, and happy holidays from the EditorVR team!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
    Kiefy likes this.
  2. deprecatedcoder

deprecatedcoder

Thanks for pushing this stuff out to us as soon as it's ready. I already think Editor VR is great, but I can tell it's going to grow to become truly awesome. Can't wait to start tinkering with extensions this weekend.

3. gevarre

gevarre

When I click on the link, all I get is a list of 800+ items. How do we actually download it?

4. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

There's a little download button in the upper-right of the page. Since unitypackages are zip files, Google Drive is showing you the contents.... because it can, I guess?

5. gevarre

gevarre

Aha. Somehow I missed that. Thanks :)

6. haskins

haskins

Thanks, looking forward to giving it a try.

Have a nice holiday!

7. dilan_vl

dilan_vl

Thank you to the small team working on this, I'm reading docs and checking out the patch now.

8. scottunity

scottunity

Your logon / password system seems to have problems after I did the patch. Don't think it's related but thought I'd mention it.

The PC Asset store doesn't allow login with password or newly created password.
    I can log on with my Mac but not on PC. PC came up with French logon page. So I can't get to the Steam VR asset at the moment. Will try again later. Hopefully it will be workign normally.

9. dilan_vl

dilan_vl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.