Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

EditorVR at Low Resolution While Editing in VR

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by Taichikitty, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Taichikitty

Taichikitty

I am trying to get UnityVR working with my Oculus Rift HMD and Touch controllers at a usable resolution.
    As is, everything is pixelated and editor text is illegible.
    I have a decent Windows 10 system with i7-7000, 32GB, and 1080 TI, and it plays demanding games without a flicker. The Sample project looks crisp and clean while being played, but chunky and pixelated while being edited.
    How would I configure the resolution of the output to the HMD, or further troubleshoot this issue?

1. Launcher UnityVR in Windows10 Home with Oculus Rift + Touch Controllers attached and configured
    2. Load SampleVR project with VR package
    3. In menu bar, go to Window -> EditorVR and click. Also tested with using "ctl-e" while Editor is active window
    4. Put on HMD and grasp Touch controllers
    Result
    Editor displays in Oculus Rift HMD and recognizes / responds to Touch controller input
    Logical resolution of display looks far lower than resolution of project when "Play" icon is clicked

2. unity_andrewm

unity_andrewm

Unity Technologies

Hi Taichikitty,

When you open the editorVR window, can you hit the 'toggle device view' button at the top of the window and tell me if that fixes your display?

Thanks!

3. Taichikitty

Taichikitty

Worked like a charm! Can now see everything clearly and operate the controls.

Appreciate the assist!

-Kyle