Search Unity

EditorPaint : 2D & 3D Texturing Tools [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by prizedgoat, Jan 30, 2018.

1. prizedgoat

prizedgoat

1.0 is live!
    it adds pen pressure support (for supported hardware api types)
    tri planer projection simulation layer
    camera projection simulation layer
    a few bug fixes

I am investigating why we are getting duplicate triangles from unity for ambient occlusion bakes depending on how a model is imported. if you see this issue, please try importing your model from the Project window and not the scene.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  2. cyuxi

cyuxi

I am using Unity2018.3.11f1 LWRP and the 2D and 3D EditorPaint window won't open, which poping out an error window says someting wrong and have to close.
    Please give some support ! Thanks!

3. prizedgoat

prizedgoat

@cyuxi
    I just tried the latest editor paint in LWRP in a clean project. I didnt see the issue you mention.
    Here is what i recommend:
    -Restart your computer and Unity to flush everything just to make sure, then try again.
    -Try a clean project to see if it works in there and with standard unity assets. If so then either its something else in your project or a EditorPaint file is corrupt. To test for the later, you can try deleting the EditorPaint folder and reinstalling it from the asset store. This will get rid of any local settings files.

Hope one of those helps, we dont fully support the scriptable render pipeliens (high and low) as they are still in beta and under constant change from Unity. If we can gather more information about your situation, maybe we can help more. try the above and let us know if you find new information.

4. prizedgoat

prizedgoat

@cyuxi
    Oh ya, are you on windows? Unity on Mac has a lot of problems with compute shaders so we dont fully support it because its core issues inside of unity.

5. cyuxi

cyuxi

I am currently on Win7.

I have tried on a clean project and still got the error.
    This is the scrrenshot, below there are 2 error warnings which might point out a clue for you.

Attached Files:

6. prizedgoat

prizedgoat

ya, thats the error that gets thrown we something critical failed. this can happen because of unity bugs, or old computers (gpus), or driver issues, etc.
    Can your gpu support compute shaders? if not then that will also cause the problem. If you are on win7 there might also be issues, we dont have a win7 machine to test with. I think we have a way of getting what is causing the error to throw, i will see if thats true and maybe we can get more detail about why this is happening.

does the tool work on your machine in a unity project with the standard render pipeline instead of one of the SRP pipelines?

7. cyuxi

cyuxi

2019420-115335.jpg
    My PC stats: i5-8500,16G RAM,GTX1070. (It should work fine.)
    I guess it most likely to be the compatablity issue of Unity.
    I have tried on default built-in standard RP and unity 2018.3.12f1, neither of them work.

:(Now It's so sad that since I have bought it for 39$ so far I haven't yet getting to use it for a second.
    In term of the issue is kind of hard to be addressed and solved accordingly I would like a reasonably refund please.( I have attached the receipt.)
    If the plugin gets more robust in future, I will surely glad to repurchase.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  8. prizedgoat

prizedgoat

@cyuxi
    that screen shot looks like the dll doesnt work on your computer, likely a windows 7 related issue. I understand various reasons why people wont switch to win10, but even microsoft stopped legacy support for win7 a while ago. i dont have a win7 machine to test one or build for, so sorry we cant do anything to help with that.
    that or the file is missing on disc, i would search for that file name and double check it exists in your project. if it doesnt then delete the folder and grab latest from the store to make sure, otherwise if you PM us your invoice info we can request a refund from unity and see if they will process it.

9. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am thinking of getting this. My intended use is to paint on planes in the Unity editor to make tile-able ground pieces, save those as prefabs and then use them in procedural level generation. I plan on targeting PC, Mac and VR. Am I understanding the assets use correctly?

Also, is this still being supported (and with any updates planned?) A few reviews have me concerned whether it'll work in newer versions of Unity. I also see that Macs and older versions of Windows may have problems with the asset. I am assuming that once the I am done with my painting the results should work everywhere? If it's Windows only (end results) then that's a big limitation.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Gekigengar likes this.
  10. prizedgoat

prizedgoat

A update has been submitted to the store for their approval that addresses all know bugs in newer versions of the unity editor. Sorry that took longer than we would have liked. Please grab it as soon as its approved by unity.

atomicjoe and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  11. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

@prizedgoat I just want to let you know that I just bought your Editor Paint because you updated it and supported it, even thought we're on Black Friday and it's not on sale.
    This plugin is a must have for Unity and I hope you keep supporting it in the future.

12. code749

code749

I want to create terrain textures to use in my mobile game

can I paint /blend with different textures and then bake them into one single texture map

thank you

13. mindCreatesMeaning

mindCreatesMeaning

I watched all of your asset videos. I really like the side by side user interface of showing the gameObject and the UV map together directly inside of Unity!

I have to ask... because I did not see the following use-case demonstrated within your YouTube Videos.

Is it possible to sample / use a material as a paint (rather than simple a solid color) in EditorPaint?

For example: If I had an existing ship that is complete with it's own metal hull materials. And if I created my own additional material for textured rust. Would I be able to paint rust around the edges of the ship's mesh, would this be possible with EditorPaint? ​