Search Unity

Bug EditorLoop reduces the game to 30 fps

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rodniid, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Rodniid

Rodniid

Hello, the EditorLoop process reduces fps too much... I have more than 60 fps in the game, and the EditorLoop process reduces fps by half.
    I have the editor on the right monitor and the profiler on the left...

1. In the first image, the cursor is on the second monitor (to the left of the other monitor from the game) and the profiler shows that the Other update takes 8ms, while in the game it is more than 70 fps...

2. In the second image, the cursor is inside the game and it is black, and the profiler shows that the Other update takes 16ms, while in the game it is 30 fps...

By experimenting, I found out that the editor is to blame for everything, since it makes the calculation of Other slower, namely the EditorLoop process, look at the third image.

And EditorLoop stops loading only when the mouse is on another monitor from the editor...

I want my cursor to be in the game and have 60 fps as it should be. How can I achieve this?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  2. Rodniid

Rodniid

If you want, I can upload a video where everything will be clearly visible, how moving the cursor from one monitor to another lowers the FPS and the process EditorLoop starts to load.

3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Remove all packages not used etc helps. Also look into vsync if it's locked. Don't think this shows up as editor loop, but who knows.
    Other than that, this is why builds exist. Then you can profile without editor interference and code optimizations done.

4. Rodniid

Rodniid

And I also recently discovered by experimentation that EditorLoop starts loading only when the mouse is on the monitor that windows 10 considers the main one. Therefore, if you transfer the editor with the game to another monitor, everything will work fine there ... But how to make it possible to work with the editor and play the game on the main monitor?

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

Did you set the game view to 'Play Maximized'? Then a lot of editor features are disabled.
    Also update unity to the latest bugfix version available

6. Rodniid

Rodniid

in 'Play Maximized' also 30 fps as in normal

7. Rodniid

Rodniid

the game does not want to work at 60 fps while the mouse is on the main monitor

8. spiney199

spiney199

You should profile the editor to see what is actually taking up all that processing time.

9. Rodniid

Rodniid

I already solved my problem by simply reassigning monitors, FPS doubled from re assigning monitors, and now it's 60fps... Most likely it's not a project, but a buggy version of the engine...

Thanks a lot Unity Technologies...