Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug EditorLoop GUI produces MB's of garbage after updating to a10 and sinks performance

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by Ruslank100, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ruslank100

Ruslank100

Case number: 1370097
    After I updated to a10 from a7 (I am using a Windows 10 PC) I felt that the editor feels sluggish (like "Hold On" windows when flying over a scene, meaning Unity is frozen for more than 0.2 sec).
    Also I observed the performance sinking slowly in Play mode despite the scene is not heavy at all, both CPU and GPU were far away from 100% load. According to the Edit Mode profiler, EditorLoop generates MB's of garbage (was ~20kb in a7) so no wonders why everything is sluggish. The same is happening in a new URP template project.
    RAM consumption is high too, looks like it's leaking sometimes
    Does anyone else gets this too?

2. Protagonist

Protagonist

mfakkaya, Ruslank100 and Lex4art like this.
  3. Lex4art

Lex4art

Yep, even freshly created HDRP template project with a10 goes postal quickly in Play mode - after a minute or two it's not playable at all.

Ruslank100 likes this.
  4. Ruslank100

Ruslank100

Okay, it doesn't leak constantly for me, only after some event, maybe starting/quiting playmode.
    Thanks, so it's probably not a problem in my PC, like drivers stuff.
    Also I edited the title, so it will mention performance issues too

5. Ruslank100

Ruslank100

adamgolden, Lex4art and Protagonist like this.
  6. gasppol

gasppol

I can confirm that both a10 and a11 have a regression on performance. Both Game View and general use of Scene view with the Editor. When using a09 the performance is ok (great by the way). But both a10 and a11 degrades the FPS.