Search Unity

EditorJsonUtility.ToJson(CinemachineVirtualCamera); Doesn't seems to work

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by usernameHed, Mar 26, 2019.

1. usernameHed

usernameHed

Hello, I am saving / loading monobehaviours scripts for some editor tools.
    and it works great, except for CinemachineVirtualCamera monobehaviour...

When I save with EditorJsonUtility.ToJson(CinemachineVirtualCamera), here in the editor:

and here is the json data saved :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"MonoBehaviour":{"m_Enabled":true,"m_EditorHideFlags":0,"m_Name":"","m_EditorClassIdentifier":"","m_ExcludedPropertiesInInspector":["m_Script"],"m_LockStageInInspector":[],"m_StreamingVersion":20170927,"m_Priority":11,"m_StandbyUpdate":2,"m_LookAt":{"instanceID":0},"m_Follow":{"instanceID":0},"m_Lens":{"FieldOfView":120.0,"OrthographicSize":10.0,"NearClipPlane":0.10000000149011612,"FarClipPlane":5000.0,"Dutch":0.0,"LensShift":{"x":0.0,"y":0.0}},"m_Transitions":{"m_BlendHint":0,"m_InheritPosition":false,"m_OnCameraLive":{"m_PersistentCalls":{"m_Calls":[]},"m_TypeName":"Cinemachine.CinemachineBrain+VcamActivatedEvent, Cinemachine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"}},"m_LegacyBlendHint":0,"m_ComponentOwner":{"instanceID":0}}}
    Here we can see the monobehaviour is saved, with the FOV 120 for exemple, but m_LookAt and m_Follow is set to 0, and I don't have all the other information of the tracked dolly and so on...

When I try to load it from the Json, like that:
    EditorJsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite(stringJsonVCam, cinemachineVirtualCamera);

Here is the result:

Exept the priority, and the FOV, the Follow/Lookat is gone, and no information in Body, Aim and Noise :/

Ok, so my question is: first, why ?
    Secondly, how can I manage to save all data I need and get it back without EditorJsonUtility ?

Thanks you ! :)

2. usernameHed

usernameHed

Ok, my first tought is to do a GetCinemachineComponent<CinemachineTrackedDolly>() for exemple, and save this component. I will try to figure out a way.

For the m_LookAt and m_Follow set to 0, it seems to be a bug, and I will save manually this data.
    From the CinemachineVirtualCamera, how can i know if the CinemachineVirtualCamera have a TrackedDolly, or a Transposer or other ? How can I access the enum ?

I will work on that today and I'll keep you informed.

3. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

4. usernameHed

usernameHed

Thanks you Jakub, Now I have manage to Save the CinemachineTrackedDolly component by doing a GetCinemachineComponent<CinemachineTrackedDolly>() .

But now, I would like to access the enum

How can I do ? I could I gess create a special function who test every component with GetCinemachineComponent, and then determine the enum index.... But It would be great to access it directly...

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can get them all with a call to GetComponentsInChildren<CinemachineComponentBase>();
    You can't use GetComponents() directly because the Cinemachine subcomponents are on an invisible child of the vcam.